Return to General Talk

311 beats up Scott Stapp.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:10 pm

Creed = prom songs & wedding receptions
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:18 am

I'll join in on the fun and admit that at one time - yes - I did dig Creed. It was after they first came out with that "Higher" song... and then they had that other song too. I bought the CD and everything. But after listening to it a couple times, I realized my time would be better spent listening to good 'ol Pearl Jam instead. Creed was tolerable at first, but they just grew into a huge annoyance. ESPECIALLY when that next CD of theirs came out. Geez.

I gave my sister that Creed CD of mine. She picked up the rest of their collection and even went to one of Stapp's drunken concerts... pretty sure it was their last tour. Mark Tremonti gave her a guitar pick. She's finally come to her senses about Creed.

But anyway, while I don't ever wish physical harm on anyone, I'm not gonna say that I'm upset about Stapp getting beat up. I can't stand the guy.

BRIEF SUMMARY: 311 is alright, I used to dig Creed, came to senses, Scott Stapp sucks... oh, and just for kicks, Alter Bridge annoys me too.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:32 pm

Jesus must be so proud.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Petey » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:47 pm

josebach wrote:Man, half you guys that hate Creed loved them in their hayday. They had some good sh!t and just because Scott Stapp is a "Christian rocker" now doesn't mean their music wasn't good before. Do you have any ideas how many albums they sold?

Not only that, but would it make you feel any different if the entire event was on video and the head of security said that 311 started the whole thing?

"But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/1 ... index.html

That would make me like 311 even more. Stapp sucks, 311 rocks. Period
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk