Bears D is good, BUT.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Bears D is good, BUT....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bears D is good, BUT....

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:12 am

Yeah, not really.

I was reading squibb kicks on nfl.com and someone pointed out this fact.

"They have played only three teams ranked better than 21st in total offense (second, 14th & 17th) and only two teams ranked better than 20th in scoring offense (fifth and 10th) and they lost one of those games by 17 points (the Bengals)."

I'm getting sick of "experts" fawning all over them, recounting the 85 bears. Yes, I'll admit they're good, but they're not as good as everyone seems to want to make them out to be. I wish they played Seattle or San Diego or Indy. We'd see just how good their D is (about as good as the team that got blown out by the Bungles). Until them, they're nothing more then a pretty good D helped out by a squishy schedule playing teams with fluffy Offenses.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes4ever » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:45 am

Vikes4ever
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Bears D is good, BUT....

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:11 am

mysticphysh wrote:Yeah, not really.

I was reading squibb kicks on nfl.com and someone pointed out this fact.

"They have played only three teams ranked better than 21st in total offense (second, 14th & 17th) and only two teams ranked better than 20th in scoring offense (fifth and 10th) and they lost one of those games by 17 points (the Bengals)."

I'm getting sick of "experts" fawning all over them, recounting the 85 bears. Yes, I'll admit they're good, but they're not as good as everyone seems to want to make them out to be. I wish they played Seattle or San Diego or Indy. We'd see just how good their D is (about as good as the team that got blown out by the Bungles). Until them, they're nothing more then a pretty good D helped out by a squishy schedule playing teams with fluffy Offenses.

Still it is the best defense in the league as they have absolutely dominated the teams that they have played. As well, you can only play the schedule given. It may not be the 85 bears (wait till the end of the season) but I dont see how it isnt the best D in the league (try to name a better one and dont say the Colts).
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bears D is good, BUT....

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:51 am

This is the same stuff people were saying before they shut down the Carolina offense, which was supposed to trample all over the Bears. The Bears defense may be over-hyped but is the best in the NFL and actually seems to be improving every week - there are still a bunch of young guys on the team who are still learning.

In the Cincy game, the awful Bears offense had six turnovers and the defense gave up a couple of scores to Chad Johnson, something that is going to happen to even the best defenses. If the Bears defense can stay injury-free and don't get over-confident, they'll continue to be the best in the NFL.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cpaq » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:21 am

didn't the Buffalo defense stop Carolina? the panther offense isn't playing well right now would like to see them play a balanced offense in non 30mph winds .
cpaq Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:24 am

In the Cincy game, two of the touchdowns came close to Bears red zone after Orton INTs. But that was definitely their worse game. They are no 85 Bears, but they are easily the best D in the league. Can you name better so we can laugh at you and call you a fool? Oh, and they'll play Seattle. ;-) So you'll see how good their D is, and you'll see how wrong you are. Oh, and how about that killer Steelers D? }:-)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:30 pm

The Bears are ranked #5 in the Power Rankings. Guess they're wrong too? Do the Bears have to win the Superbowl before they get any respect?

The Bears are a solid team with a Great D, good special teams and a good running game. Their one glaring weakness is the passing game with them playing with a rookie QB and only one great WR. They have the best overall D line in football and their O line is much improved. Give Lovie Smith another year and watch the Bears become Superbowl contenders.

The Bears still need:

QB with experience and poise.
Bradley back from injury or another good WR
O line can still improve
CB position can improve
TE position can improve
Wade must go. Too many fumbles on punt returns

So are they a perfect team? No. Are they MUCH improved during Lovie Smith's short tender as head coach? Yes, they are. Do they have the best Defense in the NFL? Look at the stats. Would any of you Minn., Det., GB fans trade teams with the Bears? I bet you would...

Now excuse me, I'm going to go watch the Bears annihilate the Packers. LOL! Life is sweet. ;-D
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:59 pm

cpaq wrote:didn't the Buffalo defense stop Carolina? the panther offense isn't playing well right now would like to see them play a balanced offense in non 30mph winds .

The Buffalo D isnt too bad themselves.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:17 pm

Any of you Bear D haters watch the game today? Comments? [Tongue sticking out smiley]
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby splitz » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:32 pm

you Bears haters need to get something better to do with your lives..
splitz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting