I sure enjoyed their 20 point fantasy day! Hate all you want...... ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:00 pm

We gave up 6 turnovers to the Bengals in week 3. They scored 24 points as a result.

Today your Steelers gave up 38 points to the Bengals offense. Where is your knock on the Steelers defense?

The Bengals have put up better than 24 points in 6 games so far, and that includes both the Steelers and the Colts. When you bring up the Bengals as an example of the Bears not playing well, try to consider the reality that MOST teams fail to hold the Bengals below 20 points.

If you want to criticize the Bears, you can't point to their Defense. It's the passing game alone that is the downfall for this team.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:21 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:I sure enjoyed their 20 point fantasy day! Hate all you want...... ;-D

I'll 2nd that.

Not trying to take away any steam from Indy, but when is someone going to point out they play Houston and Tenn twice each year.

Just like how come people have been whining about the NFC north being crappy, showing the bears no respect, and yet when the pack was winning no one ever said they played the bad bears and lions teams twice a year.

Food for thought.
This is only my opinion, if you play the players I suggest and they do not perform well, please don't yell at me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flreefer » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:39 pm

WHO REALLY GIVES A FLYING PELICAN ON HOW STRONG THEIR SCHEDULE HAS BEEN OR IF THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE 85 BEARS OR WHAT NOT.

THIS IS FANTASY FOOTBALL MENSOS! HELLO!!!!!!!ANYBODY THERE???????

WHAT MATTERS TO ME, IS THAT THEY ARE MY DEF. AND THEY ARE LEADING MY LEAGUE AND THEY HAVE HELPED ME IN CHINCHING TODAY A BYE ON THE PLAYOFFS.

28 POINTS TODAY:2 DFR, DTD (45), 2 Int, 7 PA, 2 SACK, 358 YDS.

FOOD TO STUFF YOUR MOUTHS WITH!

NUFF SAID! ALL YOUR BITTER VIKING FANS AND THE LIKE!
Brady, Hasselbeck,
M. Anderson, R. Moats, W. Parker, J. Wells, T J Duckett.
T. Holt, A. Boldin, Reggie Brown, Engram
J. Brown
Bears

RIP: T. Owens and P. Holmes

RECORD: 10-4
flreefer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:47 pm

flreefer wrote:WHO REALLY GIVES A FLYING PELICAN ON HOW STRONG THEIR SCHEDULE HAS BEEN OR IF THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE 85 BEARS OR WHAT NOT.

THIS IS FANTASY FOOTBALL MENSOS!

WHAT MATTER TO ME IS THAT THEY ARE MY DEF. AND THEY ARE LEADING MY LEAGUE AND THEY HAVE HELPED ME IN CHINCHING TODAY A BYE ON THE PLAYOFFS.

28 POINTS TODAY:2 DFR, DTD (45), 2 Int, 7 PA, 2 SACK, 358 YDS.

FOOD TO STUFF YOUR MOUTHS WITH!

NUFF SAID! ALL YOUR BITTER VIKING FANS AND THE LIKE!

8-o Wow. Are you ok? Tough day today? This discussion, or my percecption of it, was geared towards the reality of the defense, not the fantasy stats (the strength of schedule is useful in discussing the D however whichever team they have faced that have dominated). Saying that, they are the best D in the league and therefor the best fantasy D in the league.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:41 pm

It's at least been my opinion that most people that think the bears are overrated aren't knocking that incredible defense, they're saying they don't have an offense to allow that defense to win games regularly without the easy schedule. They're by far the best defense in the NFC, if not NFL, but that offense is pathetic, and Kyle Orton's play will cripple them when they face well-rounded teams.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:48 pm

maddog60 wrote:They're by far the best defense in the NFC, if not NFL, but that offense is pathetic, and Kyle Orton's play will cripple them when they face well-rounded teams.

Like Carolina and Tampa Bay?
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:10 pm

Flyn high again wrote:
maddog60 wrote:They're by far the best defense in the NFC, if not NFL, but that offense is pathetic, and Kyle Orton's play will cripple them when they face well-rounded teams.

Ouch, burn :-b . If they beat the Steelers next week, in Pittsburgh, then they are legit Super Bowl contenders. End of story. All the haters can shove it then.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby biju » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:25 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Flyn high again wrote:

Ouch, burn :-b . If they beat the Steelers next week, in Pittsburgh, then they are legit Super Bowl contenders. End of story. All the haters can shove it then.

I'll certainly say that they are Super Bowl contenders but I don't think they can beat the Steelers. Even at that, they won't be able to beat the Seahawks in Seattle so I don't suspect they'll get there anyway. But they certainly are contenders.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:55 pm

biju wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
Flyn high again wrote:

I'll certainly say that they are Super Bowl contenders but I don't think they can beat the Steelers. Even at that, they won't be able to beat the Seahawks in Seattle so I don't suspect they'll get there anyway. But they certainly are contenders.

-M

Why, the Giants almost beat them, and I don't think I would call the Giants the cream of the crop. They are good. Just like they wouldn't be able to beat Carolina, or Tampa Bay? :D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting