Bears D is good, BUT.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Bears D is good, BUT....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:57 pm

Beating the Steelers is no longer a measure of being good. :-t

My old HS team just won the state championship 47-7. They could probably beat the Steelers. :~(
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:40 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Beating the Steelers is no longer a measure of being good. :-t

My old HS team just won the state championship 47-7. They could probably beat the Steelers. :~(

Will you admit now that the Bears D is not overrated and give them the due respect?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:17 pm

It's like the White Sox all over again. They win the World Series and STILL don't get respect.

This has been a fun season to watch the Bears. They have greatly exceeded my expectations. As soon as Grossman went down, I thought they were done. I'm very happy I was dead wrong.

I watched on TV or attended every '85 game and most of them, especially in the first half of the year, were nail biters. It was almost a surprise when the Bears would win a game, mainly with their Defense although McMahon and Peyton, and back up QB Fuller [McMahon got hurt a lot just like Grossman] had a lot to do with some of the wins. the Defense kept getting stronger as the year progressed and peaked in the playoffs. In my opinion, that Defense was superior to the current Bears' D but the year isn't over yet. The key to the '85 team was keeping pressure on the opposing QB. The 46 Defense sent as many guys as necessary to keep the pressure coming. This '05 Defense actually has a superior front four in my opinion. '85 Bears were much better at blitzing but current D is better at getting to the QB using only the front four.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:36 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Beating the Steelers is no longer a measure of being good. :-t

Will you admit now that the Bears D is not overrated and give them the due respect?

No. Shutting down GB isn't saying much. Shoot, the Lions held them to 3 points.... :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:54 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

No. Shutting down GB isn't saying much. Shoot, the Lions held them to 3 points.... :-b

You have to understand the Bear/Packer rivalry to comprehend what a big win this was for the Bears. This was like the Superbowl to the Packers. They tried their *sses off. If they could have won today, their season wouldn't be a total loss. The only win that will be sweeter this year [with the possible exception of the Superbowl against Indy if the Bears managed to make it that far] is the game against GB at Lambeau field on Christmas.

Next week will be a fun game, too. Let's see what the Bears do against Pitt.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:49 pm

Let the bears fall below the radar on the best teams lists. Continue to knock the Bears for whatever reasons. In fact, don't give the bears any respect, that just means they will continue to play harder each week. As long as they keep winning I don't care.

Go Bears
;-D
This is only my opinion, if you play the players I suggest and they do not perform well, please don't yell at me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NorCalChief » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:43 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:I sure enjoyed their 20 point fantasy day! Hate all you want...... ;-D
Yep, that 20 looked real nice in my points column too ;-D
NorCalChief
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting