52 Reasons Why ESPN/ABC/Disney Sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

52 Reasons Why ESPN/ABC/Disney Sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:13 pm

#8!!! :-b :-P ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:18 pm

i agree with most of those....but i like woody paige ;-D am i the only one? and even though boomer's best days are behind him, i think they were a little harsh on him....and yes, i saw him screw up the highlights :-b

also, like others....don't know how the sunday night crew got through unscathed....has anyone seen their new commercial w/ the steelers o-line? its a pretty good representation of those clowns....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:21 am

I LIKE Chris Berman. Of course, busy as I am I only get to hear him for about fifteen minutes each football season, but those are fifteen minutes I don't begrudge him for. Yes his best days are behind him, but in small doses he's still entertaining (to me, anyway).

Same with Stu Scott. I don't know what poem you're talking about, I can only believe that you're right, but for the several seconds of Stu I get every week he's all right as well.

Same with Dan Patrick. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I like Boomer and Stu and Dan. Does that mean I'm old? Or do I have bad taste? Ah well. Chalk them up as a guilty pleasure.

What cute lesbian?

Mark May sucks. Trev Alberts was decent and gave impartial analysis (even about Nebraska, mostly) but the reason he left the show is that May was viewed as at least as valuable as Trev, and May has zero credibility. Hard for a guy with a future in broadcasting to stomach mediocrity at the same desk.

Creating the news. This has been a problem with all sports outlets for a long time, but ESPN has really stepped it up in the past five years or so. With several 24-hour channels to fill with content every day, it is just ridiculous to what lengths they go to in order to make that next great story happen. Terrell Owens holding court in his driveway - where in America were we crying out for this? Utterly ridiculous. And I'll forever hold Sportscenter responsible for losing that portion of my life that they dedicated to covering anything said by Drew Rosenhous. Tard.

Joe Theisman and [that other guy] and [that other other guy] get a pass on this list? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? These three idiots have RUINED the one evening a week I have where I can sit down in reasonable peace and watch a football game. It's harder to watch a game with the sound off, but I've done that more often than not in the past couple of years.

Not a bad list, overall. Too bad the things it decries are exactly what sports programming is going to be for the next several years, if not decades.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:44 am

Any article which describes someone's goatee as a "vagina pelt" is OK in my book....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:45 am

What cute lesbian?

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:51 am

VaderFin wrote:
What cute lesbian?

Huh. I did not know that.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:58 am

knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
What cute lesbian?

She is single and "working on her career". Not proven but generally accepted. And she is a Cane too. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:25 am

32. Fake news conferences.
These are 2 of the worst analysts on the planet. Mark May is such a gibbs basher it's ponderous, and you got 3 Super Bowl rings because of the man.
34. Mark May. The youngest disciple of the Gottfried school of
broadcasting, a nasty, choleric presence on the screen whose vagina-pelt-looking goatee only added to his dislikeable on-air demeanor. Makes pure evil presence of Lou Holtz seem agreeable in comparison.
Oh, speaking of.

How Lou Holtz has done what he's done is beyond me. He sounds like a gibbering old codger, oh I guess he is one.
35. Lou Holtz. You have a speech defect, and should not make a
living talking on television. Oh, and you're a cheater. Would be
entertaining only if they made him speak from behind his own salad bar shield; we're guessing it would look like those shots of cobras striking at people behind plexiglass in zoos, with spit flying in gobs all over the surface.

Was "cool as the other side of the pillow" mentioned?
I hate that phrase.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:16 am

VaderFin wrote:
knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
What cute lesbian?

She is single and "working on her career". Not proven but generally accepted. And she is a Cane too. ;-D

Not all that cute either...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:53 am

lmcjaho wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
What cute lesbian?

Not all that cute either...

Says you.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk