Boldin: Where's the love? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boldin: Where's the love?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Gatekeeper » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:11 am

I just picked up Boldin and am torn between keeping him or trading him while his value might be overvalued...any thoughts.
The keeper will never let you pass!!!
The Gatekeeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:25 am

half the battle with securing/finding a good fantasy receiver is getting one that gets passes.

8 receptions on a follow up to his stellar week 1 is a promising sign. You can't knock the ceiling on this guy. It's one thing to say he probalby wont do it. But to flat out not take a flyer on him is ridiculous.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:20 pm

awwchrist wrote:half the battle with securing/finding a good fantasy receiver is getting one that gets passes.

8 receptions on a follow up to his stellar week 1 is a promising sign. You can't knock the ceiling on this guy. It's one thing to say he probalby wont do it. But to flat out not take a flyer on him is ridiculous.

I agree totally. I think a lot of the people saying his production is a fluke are ones who didn't get him and are hoping that he doesn't produce. I think there are plenty of "Cards" stacked in his favor to be a very solid FF WR. I don't think his TD totals will be huge, but for 1pt/rec leagues like mine he could be golden.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:28 pm

OK, I originally thought Boldin was a one week wonder, but the SEA game showed me that he really is the centerpiece of that offense.

However - and this is just a thought running through my head regarding him - another game or 2 of 8 catches, and wont he be seeing a lot of double teams? Was he double teamed against SEA? I know DET didnt give him extra attention (hence the 200+yds).

Anyone want to comment on this?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:04 pm

I picked up Boldin and didn't think of starting him. I still wouldn't start him this week even if it were a Detroit rematch. However, he's staying on my roster, because he's had 2 very solid weeks. Yes, I think last week was a solid week. Why? Because he got8 catches and decent yardage while his teams offense sputtered to a whopping 0 points. They won't do that every week, and if their offense ever gets a rhythym going or heaven forbid the Cards win a game, he's only going to have better stats. If he keeps up the yards and catching averages and puts in another in the next 2 weeks I'll think of starting him. Until then, he's got a nice warm seat on my team's bench, because I don't want to be the guy saying "I could've had him." come week 10+.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby anth » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:32 pm

Seattle was DEFINITELY preparing to stop Boldin. Every interception ARI threw was intended for Boldin. Seattle hit him as hard as they could. (sat out a couple plays when he had the wind knocked out of him and bit his tongue). Seattle is good. All that and he got 62 yds on 8 catches. He's going to be the best rookie. Andre Johnson will be #2 and the guy you heard the most about will be #3, charles rogers. he'll be lucky to crack 800-900 yds.
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby culboarder » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:59 pm

all of boldins receptions were on very short routes at the SEA game. You didnt see him go deep on many plays...now if 8 receptions for 70-80 yards is okay for you then he is okay but dont you think boldin will be facing double coverage all year long just like seattle did? Seattle doesnt even have a very good secondary, with springs out they now have the rookies trufant and hamlin starting with lucas and tounge. not too good.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:57 am

I'm not a self proclaimed football guru, but I like Boldin especially in 12 team leagues that start 3 WRs. At least ARI is looking to give him the ball...a lot more than I say about a lot of other WRs that are #1s..Peerless Price, Rod Smith, Quincy. I mean Boldin is a solid Waiver pick.

Make fun of Boldin all you want...Boldin is a solid #3 WR.

Friendliness: %

Postby TheGZA » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:25 pm

anyone (unproven rookie or otherwise) who gets as many looks as boldin does has solid fantays value. He has 23 catches through 3 games which is phenomenal, and there is no reason to think he wont get 100 catches this season if he keeps getting upwards of 10 balls thrown his way every game. all of the idiots who say "see, i told u he would come back to earth in week 2 and show he is a bust" don't have a clue, b/c as soon as you see he had 8 catches he should have no longer been on any WW's.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:27 pm

5 catches for 99 yards.

another notch in this guys resume. I'm liking this kid. Too bad they dont run the ball.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk