Bowl Games - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Bowl Games

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bowl Games

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:15 pm

Here's a link to all the matchups: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2054429

What games are looking good to everyone? Looks like the Fiesta bowl made out pretty well. ND vs OSU is a much more exciting matchup than Georgia/WVU and PSU/FSU. Definitely looks to be the second best bowl game.

10-1 Oregon (deservingly) gets nothing better than the Holiday Bowl.

A lot of tradition in Michigan playing against Nebraska. Seeing those names on paper a few years ago and you would figure it was for the title.....not the Alamo Bowl.

I really don't like the matchup my Gators got against Iowa, who always finishes strong. I just hope it doesn't turn into deja vu from a few years ago..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:39 pm

without a doubt....
Fiesta Bowl....Ohio State vs. Notre Dame......Bucks are my favorite team....that game could challenge the Rose Bowl as far as money generated.....

others im looking forward to....
Sun Bowl....UCLA vs. Northwestern....potential for well over 100 points ;-D

Gator Bowl....Louisville vs. Virginia Tech.....because Louisville is my 2nd favorite team....face a tough VT defense
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:43 pm

I'm not a huge college football guy but I thought ND/Penn State would have been good... oh well.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Atog » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:35 pm

Looking forward to U-M/Neb.
Like you said, lots of tradition.
Although I'm not sure that Nebraska will be able to keep up with the Blue.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:49 pm

Atog wrote:Looking forward to U-M/Neb.
Like you said, lots of tradition.
Although I'm not sure that Nebraska will be able to keep up with the Blue.

Yea I think Michigan will win this one going away. That would be a nice change after losing to the two current Rose Bowl participants in the last two Rose Bowls.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:35 am

Miami vs. LSU is probably the best non BCS game out there. I'm also looking forward to Texas Tech vs. Bama in the offense vs. defense match up.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:06 am

Miami/LSU is the most intriguing non-BCS game IMO. I think Miami wins fairly easily, though.

Louisville scares the crap out of me now. Maybe I'm just feeling the after affects of being exposed by both FSU and Miami, but I'm really not feeling too comfortable with our OL.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:13 am

So does anyone think Texas is gonna win? I'm actually pullin for them and I think they have a very good shot if they can control R. Bush. With that said, they have a lot of preparing to do ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:30 am

Gotta agree with the UM - NU thoughts. I will be shocked and thrilled if the Huskers win this one.

What I'm not gonna like! Having to listen to the mundane hype surrouding the Rose Bowl. I think the amount of talking head BS and crap stories about Young's, Lienart's, or (insert player's name here) aunt, twice removed, who used to be a lesbian, nazi, biker bitch, but turned her life around and now cures cancer, that we'll have to put up with for the next month will be much worse than what we usually have to endure during the 2 weeks before the Super Bowl. Even if my Huskers were playing, I think I'd be sick of it by a week in.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:38 am

Gunslinger wrote:Miami/LSU is the most intriguing non-BCS game IMO. I think Miami wins fairly easily, though.

Louisville scares the crap out of me now. Maybe I'm just feeling the after affects of being exposed by both FSU and Miami, but I'm really not feeling too comfortable with our OL.

Especially with Brohm out I think you guys roll. People were talking about Louisville winning the Big East and maybe playing for the MNC before the season started and I called them out as the biggest fraud of the preseason....not changing that opinion now. VTech big.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football