Bowl Games - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Bowl Games

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:36 pm

Good God, Vader! This is a whoopin of epic proportions! Whats going on with your boys? Beatin by a decent at best GT, then a lackluster, come-from-behind win against Virginia, now this? Should I start up the firecoker.com site for you?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:55 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Good God, Vader! This is a whoopin of epic proportions! Whats going on with your boys? Beatin by a decent at best GT, then a lackluster, come-from-behind win against Virginia, now this? Should I start up the firecoker.com site for you?

Yes.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:33 pm

asmizzou21 wrote:I agree with your Top 3 and then I think the next 6 or 7 teams are all right together, then you have the bottom 2 or 3, which are the bottom feeders and Mizzou isn't in that list.

Yeah, gotta disagree with my Husker compadre on this one. Mizzou isn't as bad as Hskr is letting on. They've been up and down all year, but they've got a lot of talent - a decent RB, some good WRs and a QB that SHOULD HAVE been on the Heisman list. Pinkel is the problem, and Smith has had to fight through this guy his whole career. I've watched Mizzou several times this year, and they're not a terrible team. They just have an oddball coach.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:31 am

knapplc wrote:
asmizzou21 wrote:I agree with your Top 3 and then I think the next 6 or 7 teams are all right together, then you have the bottom 2 or 3, which are the bottom feeders and Mizzou isn't in that list.

Yeah, gotta disagree with my Husker compadre on this one. Mizzou isn't as bad as Hskr is letting on. They've been up and down all year, but they've got a lot of talent - a decent RB, some good WRs and a QB that SHOULD HAVE been on the Heisman list. Pinkel is the problem, and Smith has had to fight through this guy his whole career. I've watched Mizzou several times this year, and they're not a terrible team. They just have an oddball coach.

I guess where I disagree here is with putting Mizzou in the same tier as NU. Other than at QB, where does NU have better or equal talent than that of NU. I thought NU was the better team then and still think so. Mizzou just did a better job of coaching against NU than the other way around.

I thought Mizzou had a better team last year than this year. And yes, Pinkel completely mismanaged the Brad Smith years. Too bad. Mizzou couldve really been something last year which probably would have made this season also. I think Pinkel has hit his ceiling.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:44 am

VaderFin wrote:Miami = A Massive Stinking Pile of Dog Poo

Geez!! That was an arse whoppin.

At least my Ducks closed within a field goal.

I feel your pain though. :~(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to College Football