Dare I say it??? - LT2 cost me my game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Dare I say it??? - LT2 cost me my game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dare I say it??? - LT2 cost me my game

Postby physcho20x9 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:32 pm

Looks like I'm backing into the playoffs on a two game slide. Was #1 in the league, now I'll end up 3 or 4 at best... Maybe it's better for my matchups. We'll see. I'm upset at this subpar performance against Oakland. Even if he had that TD that Turner got when he was out at the end of the first half, it wouldn't have been a great game. I'm gonna need him to step up with playoffs starting this week. SD is, too, with their upcoming schedule...
physcho20x9
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:52 pm

I would not call his game subpar. 110 total yards is a good solid game. LT has just been so stellar a "good" performance seems subpar for him.

But I wouldnt say you're losing b/c of him, b/c I'd reckon he's won you a fair amount more, and even with only 10-11 points there were probably greater disappointments.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:53 pm

He had more than 100 total yards in a game in which he got hurt. You can't expect him to score EVERY single week, even with that record setting streak it just isn't possible. Be glad you won the LT lotto.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vikes4ever » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:02 am

Glad it's only a game for you...

He ended my season tonight, if only he could've just scored one freaking TD...Now at 10-3, I'm out of the playoff hunt.
Vikes4ever
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:19 am

You can say it all you want but dont forget who is in the top 2 scoring in FF for RB's. Its not like this was a repeat of the Philly game so dont worry about it.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby physcho20x9 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:59 am

I know, just venting. I've gotten used to averaging 35 a game between Brees and LT2, and that's pretty much what I needed tonight. I figured against Oakland, that'd come easily. I was also going up against the second worst team in the league that drafted Manning with the first overall pick. I would have liked to rub it in his face that he could have had Tomlinson. Instead he got big games out of Manning, Edwards and Foster, and I was left with Rudi on my bench with what would have been the winning points.

Also, in watching the game, it seemed like he was having trouble doing anything when Neal wasn't blocking for him. Did anyone else notice this? I only watched the first half, by the way.
physcho20x9
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:13 am

I was actually happy about his performance tonight, and I have him on my team...let me explain.

to make a long story short, I've played my friend in the Championship 2 straight years and was looking forward to the third. In order to play him in the championship this year, I needed to lose, which would keep us on different sides during the playoff run.
I didn't want to bench any of my players because i didn't want to be called out on cheating. But with a little bit of luck though I'm in good position to lose. I was down by 10 points going into the SD/OAK game. I had LT and Keading, the guy I was playing had Brees, Gates and Parker (even Parker got a TD). Now i'm 30 pts down with only SA left.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby physcho20x9 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:40 am

It was the opposite for me woodson. I was the #1 seed, and if I had kept it, I would have avoided the next two highest scoring teams until the finals - assuring I'd only have to face at most one of them. Now I won't be sure where I end up until after tomorrow night's game, but I could have to go through both to win the league. I suppose it's only fair.
I just hope I don't have to face either one week 14 because my WRs are so thin. I've been waiting for a while for DJax to get back, and it would be a shame to lose next week, only to have him back full strength week 15. I'm hoping he's ready to go for week 14 against the Niners. That would really help my cause :)
But back to LT2 - he's been my workhorse the past two seasons, and a model of fantasy consistency. It's been frustrating this year to see him get totally shutdown by the Iggles, and then today, to be kept out of the end zone. It's also frustrating he was the lowest in total yards of my starting RBs, and that rudi was also on my bench. I know, I should be grateful I can say that... :-/
I'm licking my chops for next week when they play Miami in a must-win game. I can only pray Miami keeps it close enough for LT2 to stay in and not have Turner take over. And I hope I make the right personnel decisions for a change. Bad roster moves have cost me three games so far this season. It's a lot worse to lose when you could have won, than it is to simply lose and not have had any chance to win... :,-(
physcho20x9
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jh2031 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:27 am

LT2 cost you the game? Blasphemy!
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:34 pm

"LT2 cost me my game"

I guess it had nothing to do with the rest of your players that you started.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting