LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC

Moderator: Football Moderators

LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:14 am

i apologize if this has been brought up before, but how the hell is Jordan putting up (aside from last night) such good numbers with such a terrible YPC? i know Eddie George used to do this on his 400 carry seasons, but i dont think Jordan is being pounded that much. i guess his recieving numbers are nice and he's getting in the end zone when he has the chance, so i cant complain too much

anyway, i guess i have 2 questions.

1) what do you think he will do the rest of the year

2) what is his value for next year?

i think for this year, it'd be hard to sit him unless you are really really stacked, but i still worry he's got a few more 8 point games in him

as far as next year, i see a huge drop for him. i doubt his YPC will go up much, and i think he has been seeing so many passes due to a banged up Moss. IF Moss is healthy next year, i think Jordan will see a lot less receptions which is where his value is right now
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:51 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:as far as next year, i see a huge drop for him. i doubt his YPC will go up much, and i think he has been seeing so many passes due to a banged up Moss. IF Moss is healthy next year, i think Jordan will see a lot less receptions which is where his value is right now

Your logic is ridiculous.

So when Moss gets healthy PLUS another year in the system, teams will stack the line against LaMont even MORE? I don't see it, friend.

We don't know what Jordan or Moss will do next year. We don't know who the coach will be. We don't know who the QB will be.

However, I'm willing to bet that a 100% Moss does NOT negatively impact LaMont's value...
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:41 pm

Lamont has all the tools. I think he will be a good rb for the next 5 years at least. He is a solid receiver, and a hard runner.

Oakland has some issues that they need to deal with. They need to get rid of charles woodson so they have some money to fix that defense. They're young on that side of the ball (outside of Sapp) and I think they're a key player or two away from being solid. The offense will come around if they get someone that can manage the game. I don't think Collins is the right guy for them. So he has a big arm, what good does it do when he can't keep it in the same zip code as his receiver? The raiders will be contenders next year in that division. That division next year will be a total dogfight all year.

Lamont will be studly again next year. Healthy Moss and Porter is scary. And a guy like lamont that can pound it, just get a competent QB and they're going to go places.

I have no worries about Lamont ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby maddog60 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:14 pm

Lamont is putting up the fantasy numbers he is on 3.6 ypc because of his receiving skills. He's emerged as one of the best in the league catching out of the backfield.

For the rest of this year, I expect him to continue to put up solid games, and next year I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a 1st round pick. If not, he'll likely be next year's Tiki Barber in fantasy football.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby umphrey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:36 pm

Lamont isn't anything to rave about catching the ball - I always see balls hit him in the hands and bounce off.

Norv Turner is a bad coach. He took the best reciever in football and turned him into a statue. Instead they are putting all their eggs in the Lamont Jordon basket, a backup Jets RB. They are losing and yet not changing their strategy whatsoever.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:42 pm

umphrey wrote:Instead they are putting all their eggs in the Lamont Jordon basket, a backup Jets RB.

Worst. Argument. Ever.

So guys who were at one point a backup in the NFL can never succeed?

Ludicrous.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby umphrey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:43 pm

Yeah because his YPC proves me wrong...
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:56 pm

umphrey wrote:Yeah because his YPC proves me wrong...

He has close to 500 yards receiving and two TDs. Add that to his rushing totals and he has 1300+ yards and 11 TDs.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:18 pm

1) Jordan has been producing decent numbers every week this season. Just because the Raiders are struggling is no reason to bench him. He will be consistent even if the Raiders lose the rest of their games... The reason that is if the Raiders have the lead, he will get more rushing attempts :: If the Raders are way behind, he will get a lot more dump passes. Either way, Lamont wins.

2) Next year is a big question mark for the Raiders as a team, but Lamont is one component that is solid and his value can only get better IMO. The team will maybe go through a lot of changes, but Randy Moss and Lamont Jordan will still be there. The only situation where Lamont's value would go down is if the Raiders start a Rookie QB next year. Only a rookie QB learning the NFL game could be worse than Kerry Collins.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby victordestructo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:20 pm

YPC doesnt take into account such things as 'amount of times gang tackled in the backfield' or 'runs called back by penalty'. Oakland is leading the league in penalties for the 3rd year in a row...
"He invited me into the house for a little bit. There he was with his tight little shorts, no shirt and his little red hat. He was doing some farming or something. He was covered in dirt. It was awesome."
-- JP Losman on meeting Brett Favre
victordestructo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk