LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bklik » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:36 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
umphrey wrote:Instead they are putting all their eggs in the Lamont Jordon basket, a backup Jets RB.

Worst. Argument. Ever.

So guys who were at one point a backup in the NFL can never succeed?

Ludicrous.

Haha agreed!

Backup to who? Cmart, whos had 1000 yrds how many times? And last/this year's KC chiefs situation should prove that a backup can be a stud. Lamont Jordan is doing it even w/o KCs oline.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:52 pm

umphrey wrote:He took the best reciever in football and turned him into a statue. Instead they are putting all their eggs in the Lamont Jordon basket, a backup Jets RB.

Have you even seen any of their games?

Randy Moss has not been a statue, he's been playing injured and limping, and still making moves. Why Collins doesnt find him more baffles me, and for example baffled the announcers last night who kept showing clip after clip of Moss getting wide open.

As for Jordan having been a backup from the Jets. I'd wager the Jets would love to have him back, even at his new salary. They made a huge mistake for the future by letting him go. You claimed he's not a good at catching, he's got 61 receptions. He's easily on pace to have more receptions than any RB did last year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Timbathia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:33 pm

Jordan is somewhere around 66% in terms of receptions against times thrown too. Basically the same percentage as LT2 and Westbrook. DD is at about 75%. Dont know what any of this means as I havent taken enough notice of whether Jordan is dropping passes or if it was Collins fault/bad protection/play call, etc. but it seems as though Jordan has some pretty decent company in the receiving skills department.

The AFC west is awesome against the run ( as well as at running the ball!). Broncos, Chargers, and the resurgent Chiefs Def are as good as it gets in any division in that regard, and Jordan having to play them all twice a year does hurt his value a bit. Moss producing next year will help Jordan as he sees less men in the box and gets more carries in the red-zone.

Huge upside, and the only possible problem (as someone mentioned) is if they get a rookie QB that keeps stalling the offense.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:15 pm

I don't know why people are knocking on Jordan. Hes had more than 100 total yards in most games and he means a lot to that team.

Hes dependable for atleast 50 recieving yards a game and hes an incredibly hard runner. I don't know if you've never watched any Oakland games this season but the dude is seriously a hard worker and loves carrying a heavy load.

I think his stock can only go up and if I could get him next year in the late second or early third year I would jump allllll over it.

I think that if Norv loses his job or if the Raiders *actually* stretch the field next year Jordan will have a great chance to have a really great season.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby octagon999 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:45 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
umphrey wrote:Instead they are putting all their eggs in the Lamont Jordon basket, a backup Jets RB.

Worst. Argument. Ever.

So guys who were at one point a backup in the NFL can never succeed?

Ludicrous.

Agreed, Huge. It was listening to such arguments that had me sitting LJ early in the season... while he was racking up the points. He's a great fantasy back, especially in a PPR league. He'll be high on my list next year.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:56 am

umphrey - you have been bashing Lamont for a while now so I am not surprised to see your complaints here, but please try to learn from all the people who answered your twisted post with logic so that you can better yourself for the future okay?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The Guru » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:14 am

he's easily a 1st rounder next year.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby umphrey » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:24 pm

My twisted logic? Are you kidding?

Before this year Lamont Jordon was 100% unproven. He now has almost a year under his belt and his YPC has settled at 3.6, well below average.

Randy Moss has been a top 3 reciever since his rookie year, for 7 years. Top 3 is being generous.

You are trying to make the arguement that instead of targetting their perennial pro bowl probably hall of famer wide reciever who is still in his prime, they rely on their running back that hasn't done anything but failed since handed rock. And they already tried giving it to Lamont and it didn't work.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gnu314 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:31 pm

umphrey wrote: And they already tried giving it to Lamont and it didn't work.

Are you INSANE? in games where they've given Jordan 20+ carries the Raiders are 4-1 and he has 140+ total yards in 3 of those contests.

You're probably sour because you have Randy Moss and he dosn't see the ball enough. I've got him too but to say that they've tried to give him the ball and failed is silly. If anything they need to give him more carries.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby umphrey » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 pm

Ohh, I'm sorry. I overlooked said games where he tore up the Bills, Titans, and Dolphins steel curtain run defences. How about the other game where he saw 27 carries against a decent defence, the skins, and only had 52 yards? He did well against the Cowboys, I'll give him that. But still, he is extremely overrated on these boards and it is really starting to annoy me.

PS: I threw in one word in my last post that wasn't even important to my point - backup - and you guys jumped all over it, making no reference to why his YPC is so low. Good job.

Lastly: are you sure I'm just some disgrunted Moss owner, or are you a righteous Jordon owner? It works both ways...
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk