LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gnu314 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:48 pm

I didn't say that he necessarily performed WELL in those games where they gave him a decent number of carries or that they were against particularly difficult defenses.

The fact of the matter is that when they have given him the ball, they have won.

Besides that, from a fantasy perspective, he isn't overrated at all. He averages 103 yards from scrimmage a game (take out this weeks 60 yard effort and its much higher) and he has 11 total TDs on the year. Hes the 4th highest scoring RB in my league with our settings and in a PPR league hes #3.
Image
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2630
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Back to Detroit

Postby umphrey » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:53 pm

From a fantasy perspective, I consider him a stud. In real life, he's pretty middle of the road. He gets numbers becase Oakland continues to shoot themselves in the foot by ignoring their other options and making him the center of their offence.
Image
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 158
Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: yarr

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:59 pm

umphrey - some words of wisdom you should learn to live by:

It's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought an idiot than to open it and prove it!

The Raiders are feeding Lamont because he's a stud - and not feeding Randy because he's injured and ineffective - his ineffectiveness is the cause and not the result of Lamont's increased role, and if you watched the games you would know this... Or at least you would if you knew the slightest thing about football...
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Postby umphrey » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:02 am

Do you understand stats...trends...anything? You are calling me an idiot based on the fact that you think Lamont Jordon is good. I am proving you wrong with information about what has happened in past years as well as the present, and your counter arguement is.....

"You're an idiot. Lamont Jordon is good."

Genius.
Image
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 158
Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: yarr

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:24 am

umphrey wrote:Do you understand stats...trends...anything? You are calling me an idiot based on the fact that you think Lamont Jordon is good. I am proving you wrong with information about what has happened in past years as well as the present, and your counter arguement is.....



You want stats? What about the 4-1 record when they give LJ the rock enough times? What about the fact that LJ is 6th in the league in total touchdowns? What about the fact that he has over 2/3 the rushing yardage in 12 games of the ENTIRE RAIDERS TEAM in the full season in 2004?

I'm calling you an idiot because for at least two weeks now you have been bashing Lamont and blaming his success for Randy's poor stats when anybody who actually watches the games can see that Moss is limping and gimpy and has lost (due to injury) the ability to get separation consistently. In his last 8 games (since he got hurt basically) Randy has not had a catch for longer than 30 yards - if that doesn't clue you in that he has a problem you are just obtuse.

Get it through your head that Moss' struggles have nothing to do with Lamont, you'll look a lot less ridiculous around here that way...
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:52 am

lmcjaho wrote:
umphrey wrote:Do you understand stats...trends...anything? You are calling me an idiot based on the fact that you think Lamont Jordon is good. I am proving you wrong with information about what has happened in past years as well as the present, and your counter arguement is.....



You want stats? What about the 4-1 record when they give LJ the rock enough times? What about the fact that LJ is 6th in the league in total touchdowns? What about the fact that he has over 2/3 the rushing yardage in 12 games of the ENTIRE RAIDERS TEAM in the full season in 2004?

I'm calling you an idiot because for at least two weeks now you have been bashing Lamont and blaming his success for Randy's poor stats when anybody who actually watches the games can see that Moss is limping and gimpy and has lost (due to injury) the ability to get separation consistently. In his last 8 games (since he got hurt basically) Randy has not had a catch for longer than 30 yards - if that doesn't clue you in that he has a problem you are just obtuse.

Get it through your head that Moss' struggles have nothing to do with Lamont, you'll look a lot less ridiculous around here that way...


I agree completely that Moss' troubles have little to nothing to do w/Jordan (who has exceeded my expectations of what he would do this year), but I don't think it's all the injury either. Even before Moss got hurt he was being misutilized (whether its Turner's playcalling or Collins' field vision or a combo of both I dunno.)

As to Lamont's YPC....So? Freaking? What? He has well over 1,000 All-Purpose Yards playing behind a line that sucks. He's GOOD. I dunno 'bout First Round Good, but that at least is debatable. The point that he's not good is just, well, wrong.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:14 am

I just wanted to point out for the record that he has 1337 all purpose yards. Further proving that Lamont Jordan is eleet.
Image
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2630
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Back to Detroit

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:23 am

man, look what i started. all i was trying to say, is that he's on pace for what, 80 catches? does anyone really expect him to get that next year? what did LT get the year after he had 100 when he was the only option on the team?

why is Jordan getting so many catches? i think alot has to do with Moss not being able to get open downfield and they dump off to Jordan, at least that's what i've seen in the few games i've watched. alot of the passes to him dont seem like designed plays

so lets say he gets half as many passes next year and keeps his terrible YPC andround 3.6, i'd imagine he'd have half as many recieving yards. TD's are very unpredictable too unless you are talking about a top back like LT or Alexander.

i'm not saying the guy isnt good, i'm asking if there's reason to expect a dropoff for next year. it's not like he has another full season to compare. and i'm asking becasue i own him in a keeper league.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Postby bklik » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:29 am

Gnu314 wrote:I just wanted to point out for the record that he has 1337 all purpose yards. Further proving that Lamont Jordan is eleet.


Hahaha :-b
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 1147
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: 3 Blocks from the Big House

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:52 pm

maddog60 wrote:
umphrey wrote:He took the best reciever in football and turned him into a statue. Instead they are putting all their eggs in the Lamont Jordon basket, a backup Jets RB.


Have you even seen any of their games?

Randy Moss has not been a statue, he's been playing injured and limping, and still making moves. Why Collins doesnt find him more baffles me, and for example baffled the announcers last night who kept showing clip after clip of Moss getting wide open.


Collins sucks. Randy Moss can turn decent QBs into stars, the problem is that Collins is not even a decent QB at this point. At first I bought into the "Randy is still injured" theory going around, but I'm now aware that Collins is the problem. They should have benched him for Tui or even Walters a few games ago because we all know they have been out of serious playoff contention for weeks now.

Seriously, Collins is just a horrible QB at this point in his career. The guy has more touchdowns to the other team than any QB in the league (McMahon is catching up though) and virtually all of his interceptions are HIS fault. He regularly misses WRs by more than 5 feet even if they are wide open. Now all the NY Giants fans get the last laugh after they kept telling everybody that Collins is a bonehead. We should have seen this last year, expect that Collins was benefitting from a 10 TD, 2-game stretch at the end of the year. This year we just can't ignore the 4, 5, 6 game stretch where he has a bunch of stupid INTs that kill his team's chance of winning. Bring back Rich Gannon!
------------

Back on topic, Lamont Jordan is getting forcefed the ball and is producing. I would look for his receiving numbers to go down a little next year if they find a QB who can deliver the ball down field accurately half the time. I would expect that if his receiving numbers drop, his rushing numbers should improve simply because they increase the length of the field with a credible passing attack... Lamont is more than capable of 4.4+ ypc IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up around 1400 yards next year with his receiving numbers dipping a little bit.

This guys is most definitely a 2nd round pick if not a first round pick due to his receiving skills though, even if they go substantially down. He is carrying a load in the rushing game, and his combined totals make him a very reliable RB IMO. He's like a Westbrook that can actually take a 20+ carry pounding week in and week out. The only thing limiting his upside is Randy Moss IMO. Hard to see a stud RB in a system that features Randy Moss (although that hasn't been the case this year).
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:47 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact