LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LaMont Jordan 3.6 YPC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Timbathia » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:15 pm

I am starting to get confused. There is another thread in this cafe that says SA is over-rated and his HUGE stats are due only to Seattle's O-Line, but now in here Jordan is getting dissed as being crap for a low YPC that is totally his fault and not at all due to his O-line.

Man, I am so glad I am not a RB in the NFL, I dont think all that cash would be worth the confusion over whether it was me, my O-line, my WRs, my drunk QB, or the cheerleaders that were responsible for my numbers on the weekend.

For what it is worth, a tough schedule and poor team generally equals low YPC for a RB. Guys like LT a few years ago and DD nowadays remained top fantasy backs despite poor teams because of being able to catch the ball, just like Jordan is now. If he was LT he would still be getting >4 YPC, but Jordan is still pretty good. In fantasy terms, very good.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:22 pm

hey hey, 14 for 49 today for nice 3.5 YPC. he did add in those 30 recieving yards though. guess theres no reason to think LaMont's team affects his production becasue he's such a stud he'll get his regardless.

anyone see what i'm talking about now? Tui as his QB is no excuse either, because he's been putting up the same numbers with Collins.

FWIW i played him against the Jets this week and expected bug numbers, adn luckily i should stilll win, but Caddy sitting on the bench with 2 TDs and some nice yardage does not make me happy.

Methinks Caddy gets the start over LaMont next week
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:50 pm

I don't know how you can say that tuiso... didn't affect him. He had 80 total yards with absoltuely no passing game and a QB that had 2 int and 2 fumbles. They didn't really generate any offense today and he still had an okish day. I didn't see the game at all but I'm sure he was facing 8 man fronts most of the day.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:14 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:hey hey, 14 for 49 today for nice 3.5 YPC. he did add in those 30 recieving yards though. guess theres no reason to think LaMont's team affects his production becasue he's such a stud he'll get his regardless.

anyone see what i'm talking about now? Tui as his QB is no excuse either, because he's been putting up the same numbers with Collins.

Umm, I don't really know what to say other than: No.

Have you paid any attention to the Raiders at all? Lamont has done a lot better than 79 total yards on average, and you have to be blind not to see that the switch at QB was a dramatic effect. As mediocre as he is, Collins provides a passing game, Tui gave them none whatsoever. So instead of defenses having to respect the pass, they could stack the box further, not to mention Tui's accuracy is so poor, its clearly hurting Lamont's ability to get the ball through the air.

But if you want to believe an inferior QB at the helm is no excuse, when its one of the primary reasons for a subpar performance, go on believing that.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jayday » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:19 pm

couldnt have said it any better maddogg...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:18 pm

I'm just waiting for another post from Umphrey to explain to all of us how yet again this week Lamont Jordan was the reason that Moss did so poorly...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:16 am

maddog60 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:hey hey, 14 for 49 today for nice 3.5 YPC. he did add in those 30 recieving yards though. guess theres no reason to think LaMont's team affects his production becasue he's such a stud he'll get his regardless.

Umm, I don't really know what to say other than: No.

Have you paid any attention to the Raiders at all? Lamont has done a lot better than 79 total yards on average, and you have to be blind not to see that the switch at QB was a dramatic effect. As mediocre as he is, Collins provides a passing game, Tui gave them none whatsoever. So instead of defenses having to respect the pass, they could stack the box further, not to mention Tui's accuracy is so poor, its clearly hurting Lamont's ability to get the ball through the air.

But if you want to believe an inferior QB at the helm is no excuse, when its one of the primary reasons for a subpar performance, go on believing that.

so let me get this straight. 90% of the posts in this thread say that Moss's struggles have no impact on LaMont getting more receptions and that there's no reason he shouldnt get 80 receptions next year. also, most of these people are saying the low YPC is becasue Collins is such a bum, but now that Tui is in it's Tui's fault. yeah, maybe if he had Manning back there they'd respect the run more, but the bottom line is is that Lamont put up the same YPC with Tui at the helm as he has all season, against one of the worst run D's in the league.

LaMont is still one of the better backs in the league, but i;m seeing him rated as a top 5 back for this year and next. not with that YPC. he's worthy of a late 1st/early 2nd round pick in a 12 team league, but if you take him #5 overall next year, your in for a long season.

i'll stop bashing him now since i didnt realize he's playing Cleveland next week which might be a better option than Dunn vs the Bears
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Halcyon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:03 pm

Guys, I love LaMont as much as anyone else, and have enjoyed him all season. But he has stunk recently, he did stink yesterday versus a terrible defense, and he may have Tui quarterbacking the rest of the season. So yeah, I'll agree, I'm kinda worried.
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:41 am

Timbathia wrote:I am starting to get confused. There is another thread in this cafe that says SA is over-rated and his HUGE stats are due only to Seattle's O-Line, but now in here Jordan is getting dissed as being crap for a low YPC that is totally his fault and not at all due to his O-line.

For what it is worth, a tough schedule and poor team generally equals low YPC for a RB. Guys like LT a few years ago and DD nowadays remained top fantasy backs despite poor teams because of being able to catch the ball, just like Jordan is now. If he was LT he would still be getting >4 YPC, but Jordan is still pretty good. In fantasy terms, very good.

Why is Timbaathia the first person to mention "o-line"? We are on page three of this thread. . Offenses live and die behind these 300-pound Earth-movers. Football success really centers around o-line and d-line.

Grade the Raiders O-line.

Pass Protection...avg...to slight above avg.

Run-blocking...Priest holmes, Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, LT could not avg above 4.0ypc they way the Raider oline is playing

The Raiders o-line is young....very young. They haven't really put it together. The o-line looked great in the pre-season. Too bad it didn't continue during the real season. Most of these guys have been drafted within the last 2-4 years. Look at KC all their o-line are old as dirt. Experience helps.

why else?

Kerry Collins and Tui have not done very much to compliment the line. Kerry Collins is one of NINE qbs with 3000+ yards after this week and he did not even play. Last week only 4-5 guys had 3000+ passing yards. So he did have some time to find guys.

Collins lack of mobility both help and hurt the team. Hurt because it made him a statue(easy sack/tackle). Collins was holding the ball too much. His decision making is very weak and slow. Making the oline look worse than normal. Helped because he did manage to find wrs downfield. Collins kinda prefers his wrs to be WIDE open b4 he throws them the ball. Junk. Nowbody really get s wide open anymore. CBs and LBs are too good nowadays.

Look at Tui. How much better did he do? He is supposed to be more mobile. What good did it do him? He did worse than Collins. 2 ints and 2 fumbles. Tui is a lifetime backup qb. He cannot and will never be able to carry a team.

The problem with Tui is that he sucks. The problem with Collins is his field vision, lack of serious qb skills. All arm nothing else. Raiders wrs are constantly open. Collins just can't find them enough to win games. Especially Moss. I really thought Collins had it in him. But after watching him for two seasons. I am disappointed.

Moss's injury has very little to do with it. Moss is always open. ALWAYS OPEN. Watch a game you will see. Collins just doesn't get him the ball. This I can prove, without videos. I have been using this stat alot lately.

RANDY MOSS is not even in the top 20 of targeted wrs. He is number 25 for the season. http://www.fftoday.com. stats. How is this possible. Don't tell me he is a decoy. This is a bit excessive. Who's fault is this? Coordinator or qb? maybe both.

Now think about this.....Last five weeks Randy Moss target ranking...... 42 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what a joke. Who's fault is this now.

Last three weeks target ranking. NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 50. #54.

Jerry Porter rankings are much better.
Season-22
last 5-32
last 3-20

Maybe there is not enough balls to go around.

BACK TO MY POINT...O-line.

Pass protection...avg to slight better than avg.

Run-blocking...terrible

Lamont gets most of his yardage running to the edges of defenses. Very difficult to do. Meaning he has some speed for a 230+ lb rbs with a small frame.

Running between the tackles is very poor. Because the blocking is poor. Not all Lamonts fault. So lay off.

If the o-lines run blocking were to improve Lamont Jordans YPC will easily hover above 4.2-4.4.

Finally his receptions easily make up for the poor ypc. His receptions will not be close to 70 if the qb has some guts next season. Lamonts rec totals are high because Collins is afraid to throw the ball downfield or in tight spots. Hence the excessive amount of dump/escape passes to Lamont. 50+ rec is very respectable in a stable offense. In effect Lamont has kept Collins Int totals lower than normal. Albeit they are high now.

Anyways this is getting really long and i will save some for my following responses.

Take a look at my avatar...i haven't stop wearing this bag on my head not because i am losing PBC's but because the Raiders are playing terribly all around.

Defense...sucks everywhere. You name it.

O-line...soso

Collins...whatever

Jordan...Doing well actually for what he is being dealt.

Moss...No grade. How can you blame him? When they aren't using him. Decoy, my foot. Single coverage...all day. Watch a game.

Porter...Playing decent. Nothing spectacular. Runs routes very well.

QB coach...F-
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Timbathia » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:51 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:Why is Timbaathia the first person to mention "o-line"? We are on page three of this thread. . Offenses live and die behind these 300-pound Earth-movers. Football success really centers around o-line and d-line. -

Cause I am a Broncos fan, thats why!

UNDEFEATED wrote:The problem with Tui is that he sucks. The problem with Collins is his field vision, lack of serious qb skills.

For some reason I just love this analysis. I just keep laughing every time I read it.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk