Sea D tonight - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Sea D tonight

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:49 am

The Lung wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:I would have won my game this week by 114 points :-o if I started Chambers and Sea Defense! I literally have almost 100 points on my bench! BTW Sea Defense scored 70 points in my league the average is 25-27 ;-D

What kind of leagues have scoring like that? Where a defense would score 70 points?

Here's what is standard in most leagues I play in:

3 touchdowns = 18 points
4 interceptions = 8 points
4 sacks = 4 points
2 fumble recoveries = 4 points
shutout = 10 points

44 points.

serioulsy. do you get extra points for every yard under 300 in the passing game and every yard under 150 rushing or something? 70+ points! Thats absurd!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby nxt777 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:24 am

Seattle's D scored 60 points in my league. 2 DFR, 25 DFRYd, 3 DTD (72,38,25), 4 Int, 148 IntYd, 29 PRYd, 4 SACK, 190 YDS.

I had a 30pt lead going into the Monday night game. I was starting Shawn Alexander and he had the Seattle Defense, I thought it was money in the bank, but you do the math. I can't get mad losing a game like that can I? [/quote]
nxt777
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:45 am

70 points is not really that absurd when you think about what they did tonight. They literally had the best fantasy defense performance ever! Tonight was like one of Alexander crazy primetime nights!

Sack (2)
Interception (4)
Fumble Recovery (4)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (6)
Block Kick (3)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (20)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (16)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (12)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (8)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (4)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-5)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-10)
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby physcho20x9 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:01 am

eaglesfan wrote:70 points is not really that absurd when you think about what they did tonight. They literally had the best fantasy defense performance ever! Tonight was like one of Alexander crazy primetime nights!

Actually, it is absurd. Those scoring rules are basically double what most of us play with... A lot of us could win a few games a year with only 70 points...
physcho20x9
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:12 am

physcho20x9 wrote:
Actually, it is absurd. Those scoring rules are basically double what most of us play with... A lot of us could win a few games a year with only 70 points...

Seriously. I might draft the Chicago defense in the 3rd or 4th round next year with silly scoring like that.

Unless the defensive scoring is still small relative to the player scoring. Maybe players get 1 point for every yard rushing/receiving in that league.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby arkrueg » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:09 pm

I have Tennessee's D and Seattle's...Tennessee was playing Indy, so of course i went with Seattle. Let me recap my weekend for you. My team absolutely sucked! I had 4 points from ELI "i'm not my brother Manning" TJones and R Droughns did not score...the only starter that scored over 10 points for me was Joey Galloway. Im playing the guy im tied with for 5th. Top 4 make winners playoffs, and 4th place lost this weekend. Im down 112.86 to 54.33 going into Monday night. He has no one. I have Seattles D and fucking Joe Jurevicious. Side note, i didnt start Joe J last week, i started bobby engram, so of course im starting him this week...Seattles D scores 48 flipping points in my league for me bringing me to 102.33...I needed JoeJ to post a 10 spot and i complete one of the greatest fantasy comebacks of all time!!!! So what does he do? decides he doesnt want to catch 1 friggin ball....And to add insult to injury, Bobby Engram gets a TD catch that would have won it for me...I suppose i'll kill myself tonight Thanks for reading and letting me vent...God knows my girlfriend wouldnt listen
arkrueg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby irishclown » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:25 pm

They scored 61 points in my office Espn league, and they were on my oppenents bench!! I won by 8!!

SWEET!!! Heres to 12-1!!
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting