Anyone disappointed SA was pulled so early??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Anyone disappointed SA was pulled so early???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone disappointed SA was pulled so early???

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:21 pm

I got sixteen points out of him, and I have locked up the win but would have liked to see him really pour it on with a full half left. Oh well, better to keep him healthy I guess. Five game roll for me heading into the playoffs.

QB Warner Favre
RB Alexander, Cadillac Williams, M. Moore, Greg Jones
WR Tory Holt, A. Boldin, T Glenn, Drew Bennet
TE Alge Crumpler
K Tynes
DST Vikings, Titans
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:30 pm

Cold weather is injured hammy weather ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kmax9 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:34 pm

cost me the win, lost needed 3 pts to take lead. dang defense cost me...
kmax9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jh2031 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:55 pm

Well, when Seattle already has clinched the division you should expect SA to sit a little.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby work4beerz » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:02 am

That is what I love about Fantasy Football. The big mouth teams with the great RB's and QB's get to start backups during the playoffs. ;-D
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:32 am

The most disappointed person is... Shaun Alexander. He wants the rushing title big time. I'm hoping LJ keeps pouring it on and the two of them are battling for the title in week 16. I have both of them and that would be sweet. Say, for instance, SA has 210 yds and 3 TDs and LJ has 180 yds and 4 TDs. I wouldn't need to play the rest of my team. :-D
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby physcho20x9 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:40 am

Flyn high again wrote:The most disappointed person is... Shaun Alexander. He wants the rushing title big time. I'm hoping LJ keeps pouring it on and the two of them are battling for the title in week 16. I have both of them and that would be sweet. Say, for instance, SA has 210 yds and 3 TDs and LJ has 180 yds and 4 TDs. I wouldn't need to play the rest of my team. :-D

Heh, that's a lot of wishful thinking regarding LJ challenging SA for the rushing title. He needs to outrush SA by 70 yards a game for the next four games to tie... Not that I don't want that to happen (especially this next week when I face SA's owner in the first round and am starting LJ).
physcho20x9
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:46 am

physcho20x9 wrote:
Flyn high again wrote:The most disappointed person is... Shaun Alexander. He wants the rushing title big time. I'm hoping LJ keeps pouring it on and the two of them are battling for the title in week 16. I have both of them and that would be sweet. Say, for instance, SA has 210 yds and 3 TDs and LJ has 180 yds and 4 TDs. I wouldn't need to play the rest of my team. :-D

Heh, that's a lot of wishful thinking regarding LJ challenging SA for the rushing title. He needs to outrush SA by 70 yards a game for the next four games to tie... Not that I don't want that to happen (especially this next week when I face SA's owner in the first round and am starting LJ).

The way LJ has been playing, I wouldn't count him out. ;-D
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:24 pm

Maybe I would have been disappointed if he hadn't scored twice already before being benched. They were absolutely drubbing the Eagles, so there wasn't much reason to keep him out there and risk an injury to their most vital weapon right before the playoffs.

Sure, it's always nice to see more points, but I'll give up a TD if it means I'll have SA in my lineup again next week.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:58 pm

The Edge is giving SA a run (pun intended) for his money. He's only 40something yards back. I think Shaun will run (again, pun intended) away with it in the end though. After the stink he made losing the rushing title by one yard, he'll get his yards these last few games to make sure nobody overtakes him.

Anybody else hoping Indy and Seattle can't afford to keep them and they both end up on the free agent market? There's no way they'll be able to pay them franchise tag money again for sure...*dreams of Shaun or Edge in Black and yellow*
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting