Any of you guys in leagues with Kick/Punt Return Yards? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any of you guys in leagues with Kick/Punt Return Yards?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any of you guys in leagues with Kick/Punt Return Yards?

Postby lowki » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:02 am

I just wanted to say that I am and I made it to the playoffs. Whether it was these Return yards or not, they are helping a lot. I have Dante Hall and he is the #3 WR in scoring in my league for what has done the past couple of weeks. Also, PACMAN Jones has helped me on my defense as well, He averages about 8 points for me each week. I also have BJ Sams but I have not started him the past couple of weeks, I'm debating on starting him this week for my first match in the playoffs...

I just wanted to know if anyone else is in return leagues and are doing well because of these stats... just curious..

Thanks
lowki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jredmore » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:01 am

Yeah my league uses return yards and i've got an 11-2 record through using my returners! But just WR's as i have decent RB's already and apart from McGee, the IDP guys who return don't offer too much with my scoring.
I use Wes Welker every week and have used Reggie Swinton....picked up K-Rob yesterday as it looks like he will be involved in offense aswell as kick returns.
jredmore
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:31 am

I start Welker every week as well. He's given me some nice fantasy points. On my team, I have Welker, Sams, KRobinson, & Pacman. I also have Chris Johnson (Rams) who hasn't returned kicks in a while since he is now starting in their secondary, and I just dropped Roderick Hood (Eagles), who was in the same situation as Johnson.

As of now, my team is in 1st. Welker helped my team alot. I used him as my #3 receiver @ the flex, and he was putting up better numbers than Moulds. I used Sams during BYE weeks, and just picked up KoRo about 3 weeks ago. Johnson & Hood were giving me some nice points as well when they were returning kicks, but not no more. Pacman is holding down for me though with his kick/punt returns
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:11 am

I came in second place in a return yardage league last year starting the following:

Wes Welker
Eddie Drummond
Tim Dwight
BJ Sams
Edgerrin James

I actually don't like playing in leagues that offer 1 pt for 10 return yards... It's too easy...

My league switched to 1 for 25 this year, and I like it much better....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ateam » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:18 am

I play in a deep 14 team league that plays amongst others, 5 WRs & 1 DB position.

With WRs quite limited many teams go w/ a KR for a WR.

I've got 5 decent WRs, but my DB is Darrent Williams who is #2 behind T Mcgee in FF points, both due to KR's.

I've played Pac Man a couple weeks as well, and last year had McGee (in this year's draft, a guy who missed the draft took him exactly one pick before I was about to----Darn Computer trumped me!)
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Like all things in life, moderation is the key.

I like leagues that award return yard points, but only up to a limit. If Dante Hall is the #3 WR in your league, that is going too far, imo. (Although one must remember that in addition to his return yardage, Hall has had two touchdowns and significant receiving yardage over the last two weeks)

I have found that 20 yards per point is appropriate for return yardage. In a league I'm in, Dante Hall is the #13 WR and the top returner, Wes Welker, is the 29th WR. That seems about right to me.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:44 pm

We don't do punt return points in my main league... I sure wished we did though when I saw my Randle El return one 73 yards for a TD. Didn't do me any good in the end.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Chuckles » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:12 pm

I'm in a league like that. It was like our league didn't know about it until like week 5 or 6. Whichever week it was, I read the scoring system and saw they gave one point per 10 yard return. I about blew a gasket and immediately picked up Dante Hall. Hall scored a return TD and gave me 37 points that week!!! It was insane. I've started him ever since. In this league he'll consistently score better than a top receiver. The commish of our league said he's going to change it up for next year because it's too easy. I agree, but as long as it helps me win it's all good! And his back-to-back TD weeks is nice too! ;-D
Chuckles
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:20 pm

Im not a big fan of using return yds. Ive played in those leagues the last few years. I also have found that its too easy to win in these leagues.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Lung » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:54 pm

Chuckles wrote:I'm in a league like that. It was like our league didn't know about it until like week 5 or 6. Whichever week it was, I read the scoring system and saw they gave one point per 10 yard return. I about blew a gasket and immediately picked up Dante Hall. Hall scored a return TD and gave me 37 points that week!!! It was insane. I've started him ever since. In this league he'll consistently score better than a top receiver. The commish of our league said he's going to change it up for next year because it's too easy. I agree, but as long as it helps me win it's all good! And his back-to-back TD weeks is nice too! ;-D

Always check the league settings before the draft. Know what you're getting into.

Like I said, I have found that 20 yards per point is appropriate for return yardage. 30 yards per point and up will rarely add any value to a kick/punt returner, and one point per 15 yards or 10 yards benefits them too greatly. When you look at the top scoring WRs or RBs in your league, they should not be a kick/punt returner who otherwise sees very few (or even none at all) looks/touches during the rest of the game, imo.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk