Any of you guys in leagues with Kick/Punt Return Yards? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any of you guys in leagues with Kick/Punt Return Yards?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lowki » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:07 pm

Yes, my players get 1 point per every 20 yards, and Dante Hall is still the #3 WR. It's probably because he also received 3 TD catches and 1 TD on a kickoff. If Dante Hall runs all the way in a kickoff, (assuming he started from the endzone) that's an automatic 11-12 points.
lowki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carnac » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:03 pm

Our league uses 1 pt. for every 20 yards and a 5 point bonus for 100 return yds. Same bonus applies for receiving yards and rushing yards. TDs all 6 pts.

Last year Hall was #4 WR. This year #3 WR. I also have Mathis from Hou. Don't start them together much as I have Holt and Fitz at WR. I am 11-2 and always win my WR matchups!

We have been using ret. yds. for 4 years now. But, when it comes to the draft in my league most of the guys forget and go off preseason rankings which never factor in return yards.

The return guys are almost always worth 12-15 points if you play matchups.
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Arlo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:41 pm

The Lung wrote:
Chuckles wrote:I'm in a league like that. It was like our league didn't know about it until like week 5 or 6. Whichever week it was, I read the scoring system and saw they gave one point per 10 yard return. I about blew a gasket and immediately picked up Dante Hall. Hall scored a return TD and gave me 37 points that week!!! It was insane. I've started him ever since. In this league he'll consistently score better than a top receiver. The commish of our league said he's going to change it up for next year because it's too easy. I agree, but as long as it helps me win it's all good! And his back-to-back TD weeks is nice too! ;-D

Always check the league settings before the draft. Know what you're getting into.

Truer words have never been said. Single most important key to fantasy success...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjigglers » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:33 pm

lowki wrote:Yes, my players get 1 point per every 20 yards, and Dante Hall is still the #3 WR. It's probably because he also received 3 TD catches and 1 TD on a kickoff. If Dante Hall runs all the way in a kickoff, (assuming he started from the endzone) that's an automatic 11-12 points.

Dante Hall is the #3 WR because your WR get 1 point for 20 recieving yards.

What the other guy was suggesting is that return yards are only worth half as much as recieving, so then Dante Hall would only be top 15.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gnu314 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:29 pm

In my league we get TDs for returns but not the yardage. I like that, though sometimes I think it would be better of the the D/ST got the credit instead of the individual player.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby help me » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:07 am

I've got D. Hall as my #4 WR & D. Williams (punt return yards) as one of my DB's.
help me Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Fantasy Guru » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:12 pm

Dante Hall and Wes Walker are #2 and #3 in my league.
I ain't no fantasy football guru, I'll tell you that!
Fantasy Guru
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk