Stupid Product #168583003846a - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Stupid Product #168583003846a

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stupid Product #168583003846a

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:56 am

I heard this advertised on the radio a week ago and thought it was a joke, but then I heard the ad again yesterday and realized this is an actual product that people are actually selling. The ad starts out with a dad saying, "I'm concerned about the height of my 12-year-old..." and then a sincere-sounding female voice takes over hawking this junk. It sounds too stupid to be believed, but apparently this is a “real” product that actually purports to help you grow taller. Be warned – this product is “For 12 to 25 year old height and health conscious consumers only.” No casual height-increasers, please!!

Some tremendous doofus wrote:HeightMax™ —Let’s face it, we have all wondered from time to time what it would be like to be a little taller. We have wondered aloud or to ourselves if there was some magic potion or pill that could help us reach our loftiest potential. Perhaps, you do not want to be embarrassed by the fact your girlfriend is taller than you are when she wears heels. Perhaps, you girls wanted to be able to look your boyfriend in the eye when he kissed you. Perhaps, you just wanted to see over the steering wheel when you began to drive. Or perhaps you are a parent of an adolescent or young adult who is concerned about their height.
If this sounds like you, and you are seeking a safe, all natural way to reach your fullest height potential, you have found the right website!
Welcome to HeightMax™.

12-25 year olds only? Isn't this when most of your growing happens anyway? So if I don't give this product to my daughter when she turns twelve she won't grow during those years? This is like selling ice during autumn to help it get cold enough to make winter.

The sad thing is that you know there are people out there buying this crap actually believing it will make them taller.
:-t :-t :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hastur » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:26 am

This country is always looking for some pill/potion/cream to cure any 'ailments' it has. Headaches, Stupidity, Erection Dysfunction, and now Vertically challenged.

Here it is world! Have a self-preceived problem? Take a pill! Want to be smarter? Take a Pill! Don't like the way your nose makes you a unique individual? Get it changed! Do you or someone you know have a 'shortcoming'? Apply this cream! Small breasts? Come on down to Dr. Illmakeyouintoamodel! Are you stupid? Do people with helmets amaze you with their stunning intellect? Does drooling sound too complex for you? Take this magical pellet!

I can't stand the direction the so called medical community(read: drug companies) are going. They don't care about your health. They care about the bottom line. They care about generating dollars. The quick fix is in. We, as a culture, are becoming narrow minded, lazy thinking, shallow idiots. They now have a pen that will tell you the answer to a math problem. I don't even know where to begin with that one. On t.v. they are telling people to lease a car as a christmas gift! "Here honey! Merry Xmas! I got you this item we have to pay $400 a month plus gas for 3 years and then WE HAVE TO GIVE IT BACK!"
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Homeless » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:10 am

LOL LMAO hahaha so it will make you grow BUT only during the bodies natural adult growing cycle haha too freaking funny.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby moonhead » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:49 am

hastur wrote:This country is always looking for some pill/potion/cream to cure any 'ailments' it has. Headaches, Stupidity, Erection Dysfunction, and now Vertically challenged.

Here it is world! Have a self-preceived problem? Take a pill! Want to be smarter? Take a Pill! Don't like the way your nose makes you a unique individual? Get it changed! Do you or someone you know have a 'shortcoming'? Apply this cream! Small breasts? Come on down to Dr. Illmakeyouintoamodel! Are you stupid? Do people with helmets amaze you with their stunning intellect? Does drooling sound too complex for you? Take this magical pellet!

I can't stand the direction the so called medical community(read: drug companies) are going. They don't care about your health. They care about the bottom line. They care about generating dollars. The quick fix is in. We, as a culture, are becoming narrow minded, lazy thinking, shallow idiots. They now have a pen that will tell you the answer to a math problem. I don't even know where to begin with that one. On t.v. they are telling people to lease a car as a christmas gift! "Here honey! Merry Xmas! I got you this item we have to pay $400 a month plus gas for 3 years and then WE HAVE TO GIVE IT BACK!"

well done sir. well done.

what's that website, i'm interested in growing taller. i always wanted to look down on people. now, maybe i can.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:54 pm

You're already a man of great stature here, Moon!

But since you asked:

http://www.heightmax.com

Best of luck to you! ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:22 pm

I think it was the late comedian Bill Hicks who did a bit about those ointments that you rub on your penis to make them grow larger. His comment or observation was "wouldn't it make your hand grow also?"
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:56 pm

I heard about that one too. One of the dumbest I've seen a commercial for it the Headache Rub. Where it's like chapstick on your forehead for your headache....
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby UTLonghorns » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:14 pm

Haha, that is pretty stupid. Whats next?

"Are you too tall? Take this pill. Its called Shrinkmax"
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:23 pm

There's a scam if I ever saw one. I was like 4'11 when I was 12 and now I'm 6'0. It sure as hell isn't thanks to some miracle pill.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:22 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:Haha, that is pretty stupid. Whats next?

"Are you too tall? Take this pill. Its called Shrinkmax"

We're already workin on it ;-)
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk