Why is a Martini glass the symbol for alcohol/cocktails? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why is a Martini glass the symbol for alcohol/cocktails?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:35 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:According to Wikipedia:

"The martini has become a symbol for cocktails and nightlife in general; American bars often have a picture of a conical martini glass with an olive on their signs. The martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth. Over the years, the martini has become somewhat of an icon, having been referred to as the "King of Cocktails". "
I read the same thing. A dash of this and a pinch of what Plindsey rationalized and methinks we've got some understanding. It just struck me as a bit odd is all.

It's tradition baby ... ;-D
I prefer to pull into places that have bodacious dancer and a bottle of Windsor Canadian on the sign :-)

So THAT is where Lush knows Boz Skanks from! :-°
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:30 am

Lushcrush wrote:

Hmmmm....I have dated 3 strippers in the past.... :-?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MadScott » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:According to Wikipedia:

"The martini has become a symbol for cocktails and nightlife in general; American bars often have a picture of a conical martini glass with an olive on their signs. The martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth. Over the years, the martini has become somewhat of an icon, having been referred to as the "King of Cocktails". "
I read the same thing. A dash of this and a pinch of what Plindsey rationalized and methinks we've got some understanding. It just struck me as a bit odd is all.

It's tradition baby ... ;-D
I prefer to pull into places that have bodacious dancer and a bottle of Windsor Canadian on the sign :-)

Heh, last time I was at the Vu, it was 100 beautiful girls and 1 ugly one. They must be lowering their standards. :-b

BTW, the Vu is the same organization that was fully portable in TB and got busted. ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk