Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Postby VaderFin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:33 pm

So, you think this year's Bowl Lineup is bad...it's not...it's great compared to what could have been. Are you aware that next year we will go to the 5 Bowl System? This was implemented to give those non BCS conferences their shot...you know the MAC, WAC, etc. etc. The Championship game will be rotated around the 4 major bowls.

So get this, the highest non BCS team gets in automatically if they finish ranked higher then the lowest rated BCS champion...so TCU is in because they are ranked higher then FSU. I'm sure if the non BCS team gets a certain rank they are in as well...12th I believe but am not certain. Notre Dame needs to be 8th to automatically get in.

So here is the probable line up:

Championship : USC vs. Texas
Rose: Penn St. vs. Oregon
Fiesta: Notre Dame vs. West Virginia
Sugar: Georgia vs. TCU
Orange: Florida St. vs. Ohio St.

Can you say crap city? It is only going to get worse from here, definitely not better.....
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:27 pm

:-? you think this year's bad? im stoked for 3 of this years bowls.....the exception being Georgia vs West Virginia

the other 3 should be great games....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby VaderFin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:04 pm

jayday wrote::-? you think this year's bad? im stoked for 3 of this years bowls.....the exception being Georgia vs West Virginia

I think the games are gonna be great but alot of people are complaining about them. Look at that lineup...other then the championship game there isn't one good match up!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:21 pm

VaderFin wrote:I think the games are gonna be great but alot of people are complaining about them. Look at that lineup...other then the championship game there isn't one good match up!

I won't mind watching the games. Football is Football. I probably won't watch the 3rd week of December games maybe the Las Vegas Bowl. After christmas there's a week and a half of college and pro ball everyfreakinday, to me thats a pretty good week.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:32 am

VaderFin wrote:
jayday wrote::-? you think this year's bad? im stoked for 3 of this years bowls.....the exception being Georgia vs West Virginia

I think the games are gonna be great but alot of people are complaining about them. Look at that lineup...other then the championship game there isn't one good match up!

Really? I think OSU/ND and FSU/PSU should both be good games. And as much as I hate WVU, I'll enjoy watching Georgia destroy them, too.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:46 am

Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Really? I think OSU/ND and FSU/PSU should both be good games. And as much as I hate WVU, I'll enjoy watching Georgia destroy them, too.

No, no, no....I am talking about what the lineup would be like under next years plan not what it is this year. Is there one game that I posted above you would want to see other then the championship? Those are all horrible match ups and that is how it would be if we were currently under next years rules!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:13 am

VaderFin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

No, no, no....I am talking about what the lineup would be like under next years plan not what it is this year. Is there one game that I posted above you would want to see other then the championship? Those are all horrible match ups and that is how it would be if we were currently under next years rules!

Ohhhh, ok. Sorry, it was pretty early when I read that. I need to wait until I've had a couple cups of coffee before I post. :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:19 pm

VaderFin wrote:So here is the probable line up:

Championship : USC vs. Texas
Rose: Penn St. vs. Oregon
Fiesta: Notre Dame vs. West Virginia
Sugar: Georgia vs. TCU
Orange: Florida St. vs. Ohio St.

Can you say crap city? It is only going to get worse from here, definitely not better.....

I can't wait personally. Any change has to be better than the current system where several teams get hosed each year.

I would like to see each of those games personally because they are matchups that have not happened yet. May not appear that great on paper but what happens whan Oregon shuts out Penn or West Virgina pummels ND, or TCU puts up 60 on georgia.

Might not happen if those teams did play but we will never know because we get to see the same teams play each other every year. I feel each of those games is a very intriguing matchup aside the ratings.

My solution would be taking the top 8-10 teams and playoffs but that won't happen because we only care about who is #1 and #2 and the rest don't matter.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Postby sharptongued1 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:33 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:what happens whan Oregon shuts out Penn or West Virgina pummels ND, or TCU puts up 60 on georgia.

I think the answer you're looking for is, "Hell freezes over."
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:24 pm

I agree with you Vader. I guess with the current way it is now (or will be next year), what would probably make it better is if the bowls could choose both teams at once instead of a round robin. At least that way they could set up the best game with whoever is available. Ya it would creat more of a tiered system, but at least we'd have 1 or 2 great matchups instead of potentially 4 mediocre matchups. I agree that it seems to be getting worse, but isnt that what usually happens before things get better? Playoffs are coming. Maybe not coming soon enough for some of us, but I think this is the first of a few steps before we get there. Not that I agree with the government coming in and asking, "Whats up?", but at least now theres no way the presiders over this current system can truly defend it. They will try, but I think even they know that the jig is up.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to College Football