Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:41 pm

sharptongued1 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:what happens whan Oregon shuts out Penn or West Virgina pummels ND, or TCU puts up 60 on georgia.

I think the answer you're looking for is, "Hell freezes over."

No the answer I'm looking for is playing the game and seeing if hell does freeze over.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby CC » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:49 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:what happens whan Oregon shuts out Penn or West Virgina pummels ND, or TCU puts up 60 on georgia.

No the answer I'm looking for is playing the game and seeing if hell does freeze over.

LOL, you talk like there is a minute chance of any of these happening.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:40 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:

In no way have I led anyone to believe they were good posibilities. I simply asked the question "what happens when Oregon shuts out Penn or West Virgina pummels ND, or TCU puts up 60 on georgia."

The answer is we will never get to see them happen because many people see the game as a waste of time like yourself. I don't know if it is because they are biased or afraid to see what would happen if those matchups occured like the last time an Oregon team was in the Fiesta bowl against ND when hell froze over.

And my scenarios may be unlikely but Oregon could beat Penn, WV could beat ND, and who knows about TCU. Never know unless they play the game. A lot of weird things happen when you actually play it.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:48 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:

In no way have I led anyone to believe they were good posibilities. I simply asked the question "what happens when Oregon shuts out Penn or West Virgina pummels ND, or TCU puts up 60 on georgia."

The answer is we will never get to see them happen because many people see the game as a waste of time like yourself. I don't know if it is because they are biased or afraid to see what would happen if those matchups occured like the last time an Oregon team was in the Fiesta bowl against ND when hell froze over.

And my scenarios may be unlikely but Oregon could beat Penn, WV could beat ND, and who knows about TCU. Never know unless they play the game. A lot of weird things happen when you actually play it.

But that is not what you said. You said shut out and pummel and puts up 60...all RIDICULOUS statements!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:12 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:

But that is not what you said. You said shut out and pummel and puts up 60...all RIDICULOUS statements!

Rediculous as breaking the 4 minute mile barrier right? Which was supposed to be impossible. As soon as one broke that barrier 275 people broke it the same year. But it was impossible according to experts.

Never know unless you play. Like I said I'm all for anything that will accurately depict the top teams in the nation and matchup teams that have never played to see who wins.

Thats the only way to ever really know. Status quo is only a guess.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:27 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Never know unless you play. Like I said I'm all for anything that will accurately depict the top teams in the nation and matchup teams that have never played to see who wins.

Well, I'm not going to argue that unless you play a game, you don't know what the outcome is. If that's indeed what the bowl matchups would be for next year, it's not that I'm disappointed with the matchups themselves as I am that so many teams that are obviously more qualified would be left out of the major bowls. TCU putting up 60 points is irrelevant, the main issue is that this new tweak in the system, designed to alleviate some of the problems with the Bowl system, will probably just create more.

Where's Auburn? Alabama? Miami? LSU? VA Tech?

The NCAA needs to wake up and realize that these changes don't fix the main problem with the Bowl system (and as you can see, could actually do more harm), and that only a playoff can.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:27 pm

You might as well say that Louisiana Lafayette beats USC 100-0. It could happen, but it isn't going to.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:19 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:

Rediculous as breaking the 4 minute mile barrier right? Which was supposed to be impossible. As soon as one broke that barrier 275 people broke it the same year. But it was impossible according to experts.

Never know unless you play. Like I said I'm all for anything that will accurately depict the top teams in the nation and matchup teams that have never played to see who wins.

You make baby Jesus cry...
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:40 am

VHawk15 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Never know unless you play. Like I said I'm all for anything that will accurately depict the top teams in the nation and matchup teams that have never played to see who wins.

Well, I'm not going to argue that unless you play a game, you don't know what the outcome is. If that's indeed what the bowl matchups would be for next year, it's not that I'm disappointed with the matchups themselves as I am that so many teams that are obviously more qualified would be left out of the major bowls. TCU putting up 60 points is irrelevant, the main issue is that this new tweak in the system, designed to alleviate some of the problems with the Bowl system, will probably just create more.

Where's Auburn? Alabama? Miami? LSU? VA Tech?

The NCAA needs to wake up and realize that these changes don't fix the main problem with the Bowl system (and as you can see, could actually do more harm), and that only a playoff can.

Good post I agree. I don't personally like the BCS system at all. Seems to leave to many questions at the end. And unless they go to some sort of playoff system it will continue. Is Oregon #6?? Is Gt a top 25 team? Should Utah and Ok be put into top 25? Doesn't solve anything as you said. Just creates more questions.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:45 am

sharptongued1 wrote:You make baby Jesus cry...

Sharp this is the best compliment anyone has ever given me. Thank you sincerely. If he is crying I must be writing some really inspiring stuff. Again thanks.

But as I said hard to get up for a game you feel is under you.
Cowboys 4 life

PreviousNext

Return to College Football