Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Think This Year Is Bad?? Just Wait!

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:18 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

But as I said hard to get up for a game you feel is under you.

loser. what a crappy excuse for a crappy team from a crappy conference. enjoy the taste of defeat ducks.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:06 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:You make baby Jesus cry...

Sharp this is the best compliment anyone has ever given me. Thank you sincerely. If he is crying I must be writing some really inspiring stuff. Again thanks.

Enough with the Jesus comments, please. Sharp, Cowboys, this is not a forum for discussing the merits of Christianity, a topic which is sensitive to many here. Let's please just focus on whether or not the current and future BCS is worthwhile, K?

;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:19 pm

knapplc wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:You make baby Jesus cry...

Sharp this is the best compliment anyone has ever given me. Thank you sincerely. If he is crying I must be writing some really inspiring stuff. Again thanks.

Enough with the Jesus comments, please. Sharp, Cowboys, this is not a forum for discussing the merits of Christianity, a topic which is sensitive to many here. Let's please just focus on whether or not the current and future BCS is worthwhile, K?

;-D

Who's discussing the merits of Christianity?
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:11 pm

moonhead wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

loser. what a crappy excuse for a crappy team from a crappy conference. enjoy the taste of defeat ducks.

Yes any team in the Holiday bowl is a loser. Thats what I've been saying. 1 team is going to be a highly ranked team who is let down and the other will be someone who is just happy to be there. Its the type of bowl game you don't want recruits to see you in because it turns them off to schools with the favoritism that get helped into the good bowls.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:19 pm

moonhead wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

I used to enjoy reading you posts too. :~(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:26 pm

Metroid wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Eh, its all in fun Ducky. You should see me and Bagel or Plindsey go at it. Doesn't mean I still don't like reading their posts. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:27 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Yes any team in the Holiday bowl is a loser.

This is where you're wrong. I feel that as a whole, people are beginning to miss the point of the Bowl games. Bowl games are not simply about that one December or January day that the teams take the field. Bowl games allow for a few things, and probably most importantly is the extra month of practice that the teams get to have if they make it to a bowl game. This gives coaches an opportunity to look at the other, younger guys who will be contributing next year, something that is very difficult to do during the regular, one week preparation time that you have for a game.

Similarly, this gives the players an opportunity to have a great time. Imagine that you are an inner city collegiate football player who lives in Detriot. You get noticed by some recruiters and get the opportunity to go to college at Michigan on a full scholarship. Now you get to go to a bowl game as a player on Michigan, let's say (hypothetically) it's a BCS bowl, the Orange Bowl. That means that you get to spend a week in Miami on the University. Would that opportunity have been possible for this kid without football? without the bowl system? no way.

Lastly, it gives the players another opportunity to compete. Any athlete at the collegiate level is a competitor in everything they do. You ask a senior on Oregon or Oklahoma if they wanted to play on that game for two reasons. If they're a pro prospect they will want to display their skills for the scouts. If their career is done after college, they want to play that one last game, even if it is "for 100,000 people".
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:11 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Eh, its all in fun Ducky. You should see me and Bagel or Plindsey go at it. Doesn't mean I still don't like reading their posts. ;-D

Oh I here ya. It dont bother me. Like water off a ducks back!

Ok sorry that was dumb.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:22 pm

there wont be that bad of matchups, the bowl game chairman of the 2nd bowl behind the national championship will choose the next two best. all this makes is a crappy 4th and 5th bowl which we usually have every year.

It would be selected as this.

Champ: USC - Texas
Fiesta - Ohio State - Notre Dame
Orange - Georgia - West Virgina
Sugar - TCU - Oregon
5th bowl - PSU - FSU

those are 3 good games, and watching oregon last night that TCU game would have been good too. so 4 out of 5 is not bad at all.
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:22 pm

VaderFin wrote:Eh, its all in fun Ducky. You should see me and Bagel or Plindsey go at it. Doesn't mean I still don't like reading their posts. ;-D

What about Bruiny here? Don't leave me out.

Thats what its all about VF. I'm enjoying this discussion because I don't know S about Coll Fball. I told you I'm more of a basketball fan but I'm trying to get into it. I'm bound to take a few arse kickings in arguing something I don't know much about.

I just see a lot of flaws in the system. And there is whether you believe it or not a ton of psyshology, politics and favoritism in the sport. Most sports don't end the year in question. The Pats are the champs, Spurs are the champs, and W/sox are the champs. No question. I like being able to gage whos best but in Coll Fball you can't. Only #1 and #2 like you said.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

PreviousNext

Return to College Football