Postby Free Bagel » Mon May 29, 2006 5:55 pm

^^winner
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:47 am

Try Loser...its only over rated if you havent played it...Halo 2 still has more players on Live than most recent Xbox 360 games do, in fact i think it has more than alot of them combined....if not all...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby washamur » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:48 am

This posted on MajorNelson.com recently:

Top Live Games for week of 6/26

This weeks top live games list is broken out two ways. Both lists are based on WW UU’s on Xbox Live*
If you combine the lists, then Halo 2 would be number 1 followed by all Xbox 360 games.

Xbox 360 Top Live Games
1 Ghost Recon 3
2 Call of Duty 2
3 Oblivion
4 BFMC
5 Final Fantasy XI
6 EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 3
7 2006 FIFA World Cup
8 PGR3
9 Perfect Dark Zero
10 DEAD OR ALIVE 4

Original Xbox Top Live Games
1 Halo 2
2 Battlefield 2: MC
3 Counter-Strike
4 Splinter Cell Chaos
5 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
6 Rainbow Six 3 BA
7 Pro Evolution Soccer 5
8 Madden NFL 2006
9 Forza Motorsport
10 Rainbow Six 3

... so yep, Halo 2 still holds the #1 spot --- I can't stand playing it anymore .. all that's online are kids screaming in the headset, and people "glitching" or whatever it is called. Just not fun anymore.
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Graphics Expert

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:59 pm

washamur wrote:This posted on MajorNelson.com recently:

Top Live Games for week of 6/26

This weeks top live games list is broken out two ways. Both lists are based on WW UU’s on Xbox Live*
If you combine the lists, then Halo 2 would be number 1 followed by all Xbox 360 games.

Xbox 360 Top Live Games
1 Ghost Recon 3
2 Call of Duty 2
3 Oblivion
4 BFMC
5 Final Fantasy XI
6 EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 3
7 2006 FIFA World Cup
8 PGR3
9 Perfect Dark Zero
10 DEAD OR ALIVE 4

Original Xbox Top Live Games
1 Halo 2
2 Battlefield 2: MC
3 Counter-Strike
4 Splinter Cell Chaos
5 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
6 Rainbow Six 3 BA
7 Pro Evolution Soccer 5
8 Madden NFL 2006
9 Forza Motorsport
10 Rainbow Six 3

... so yep, Halo 2 still holds the #1 spot --- I can't stand playing it anymore .. all that's online are kids screaming in the headset, and people "glitching" or whatever it is called. Just not fun anymore.

I never did find it fun. The players move too slow, and there's no difference in players. THen again, I'm spoiled. I play a game called Team Fortress Classic. It was the original multiplayer version of Half-Life. 9 different classes of people you can choose from, all with different strengths and weaknesses. The game is much more fast paced and team-oriented than Gaylo2, I meant Halo2. On top of that, cheating is close to impossible in league play, and if you are caught cheating in league play or even in a public server, you are banned from league play altogether. And I think the biggest difference is the fact that it's a PC game not a console game. Aiming with a controller is just not fun, especially the Xbox controllers. You could break a cat's back with those controllers by simply dropping them from waist level. Mouse works so much better for aiming than a clunky analog stick.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:04 pm

aaawall91 wrote:its only over rated if you havent played it..

I own it, and yes it is extremely overrated.

It's fun for people that have never played an FPS on a PC. Compared to other console FPS games it's great. Compared to PC FPS games it's average as best.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Manja » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:49 pm

Of course it's not going to compare to a PC FPS. A mouse trumps a controller any day.

And.. TFC is an awesome game.. But, I like Action Half-Life better. That, and Firearms. TFC is a close third behind those two mods, though.

And the most overrated game franchise has got to be Final Fantasy. Besides VII, I think it was, the whole series is average.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:12 am

Manja wrote:Of course it's not going to compare to a PC FPS. A mouse trumps a controller any day.

Even beyond the mouse/controller thing though. Halo 2 I played on Xbox yes, but Halo 1 I never played on Xbox and played it on the PC when it came out for that. Nothing stood out to me, it was just "meh".

FFVIII was ok, FFX was incredible, FFX-2 was pretty dang bad.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Manja wrote:Of course it's not going to compare to a PC FPS. A mouse trumps a controller any day.

:-° sure...

I bought a dual shock pad joystick for my pc and I simply OWN the mouse players in FPS.

negative: Slower response/turning

postives: fluid strafing and aiming... especially strafing/running and aiming at the same time.

I sacrifice a little on speed for accuracy... so while the mouse guys are spraying fire all over the place... I'm nailing them in the head.

FYI - I almost always win a head to head sniper battles... which requires strafing and firing on a sniper who is also straffing and firing.

They may fire first, but smooth an accurate wins the day. ;-D

Plus, it's a lot more comfortable on the fingers and wrist. Just a more enjoyable experience. Oh, and when I do own... some of the PC guys complain that I am using a joystick... lol! :-b

I highly suggest you give a dual stick a try. ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:25 am

Pc shooters and Console shooters are so differnt in playablity and designablity, Consoles are more limited in design, were PC's are upgraded all the time and new limits for games are conmtinuesly pushed were console you have to wait for next gen. Games that relese on console and PC usually suck on console. Its all about what you like i guess, Many times games are desinged for one and released on another (YES I KNOW halo 1 was orignnaly desinged for MAC) and usually suck, but trust me Halo 2 cant be overrated...i mean its been a year and a half since its released and still is number one on XBL most played? even with the release of a new gen and new gen games in that span...thats untouchable (or UN-FRICKEN-BLEIVABLE)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:17 am

Twisted Sister wrote:

:-° sure...

I bought a dual shock pad joystick for my pc and I simply OWN the mouse players in FPS.

negative: Slower response/turning

postives: fluid strafing and aiming... especially strafing/running and aiming at the same time.

I sacrifice a little on speed for accuracy... so while the mouse guys are spraying fire all over the place... I'm nailing them in the head.

FYI - I almost always win a head to head sniper battles... which requires strafing and firing on a sniper who is also straffing and firing.

They may fire first, but smooth an accurate wins the day. ;-D

Plus, it's a lot more comfortable on the fingers and wrist. Just a more enjoyable experience. Oh, and when I do own... some of the PC guys complain that I am using a joystick... lol! :-b

I highly suggest you give a dual stick a try. ;-D

Even if you are great with a controller (which I'm still not totally buying) to compare it to a keyboard and mouse is ridiculous. Being able to strafe and aim at the same time? Keyboard/mouse is vastly superior in that and has been doing it for 15 years, whereas controllers only even recently got the point where it was possible, not to mention still clunky as all else.

This is generally a widely accepted thing. Someone coming on here and saying a controller is better for FPS games is like someone coming here on the FFC and saying kickers are more important to FF than RBs, even the game manufacturer's acknowledge this with auto-aim in controller based FPS games like Halo and Microsoft choosing not to release a keyboard/mouse for the 360 because they were worried about upsetting the balance of FPS games on live. It's just infinitely more precise.

I'm not sure what kind of games you're playing where you have time to slowly and "smoothly" aim at a guy and get your reticle there before you're dead just tells me that you're not playing with people that are very good assuming this is any kind of respectable game.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games