What can we expect from this guy?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:14 am

Thats a good question. I dont know and I dont think anybody would know, he could be a beast or he could bomb bigtime. I think he will be decent. Week 14 I would like to predict 229 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:15 am

Judging by his past history...some INT's and no TD's.

Career line - 8 games, 28/49 (55.6%), 358 yards (44.8 yds/game), 3 INT, 0 TD.

Then there's this little gem:
Tuiasosopo's only NFL start was two years ago against the Detroit Lions. He filled in for injured Rich Gannon, but that outing lasted less than a half because Tuiasosopo sustained a season-ending injury to his left knee.

:-o

Granted, a lot of those were partial games, but he hasn't shown anything of consequence. I would see how he does against SD since their pass D is suspect, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot from him. I think it might be the LaMont Jordan show for the rest of the year (running and dump passes), and I would downgrade the receivers until he proves he can throw downfield.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:29 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Judging by his past history...some INT's and no TD's.

Career line - 8 games, 28/49 (55.6%), 358 yards (44.8 yds/game), 3 INT, 0 TD.

Then there's this little gem:
Tuiasosopo's only NFL start was two years ago against the Detroit Lions. He filled in for injured Rich Gannon, but that outing lasted less than a half because Tuiasosopo sustained a season-ending injury to his left knee.

:-o

Granted, a lot of those were partial games, but he hasn't shown anything of consequence. I would see how he does against SD since their pass D is suspect, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot from him. I think it might be the LaMont Jordan show for the rest of the year (running and dump passes), and I would downgrade the receivers until he proves he can throw downfield.

Mercer Boy - he's playing the NY Jest this week - SD was last week...

I liked what little of him I saw in pre-season a few years ago but the only reason I see semi-decent numbers from him this week is the Jest defense is getting very tired from trying to prop up that offense...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:20 am

I think that his legs will make him harder to defend, but he isn't very accurate. I think he threw downfield alot when he saw action. He has a strong arm, so maybe he won't just be dumping the ball off to Jordan. I would think that chronic underachiever Porter's value should be better just because Collins was very ineffective the last few games. Gabriel could improve more because he probably spent more time catching Tuliasulupos in practice.

I don't know that I would trust any of it if I didn't have to.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Earl Van Dorn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:53 am

As I recollect, Tuiasosposposoposa was having a good game in his last start before getting his leg broken. if you have an injury situation and have o other options, he's a viable start this week b/c the Jets are putrid.

EVD
Earl Van Dorn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:12 am

I watched Tui a lot back when he was playing at UW. Good times...

Tui could really scramble and make plays with his feet when he had to. His arm wasn't the greatest, but he could make those short passes pretty well. The long passes... eh, not so much. He also forced a lot of stuff too.

...don't really know what to expect from him, though.

I really wanna catch that game if I can. Tui was really fun to watch back in the day!
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:08 am

Ah yes, they are playing the Jets...sorry about that. Basically you can change the team names, and my response stays the same. :-) Still, the Jets pass D is 10 times better than their run defense, and that doesn't bode well for Marcus. Like I said, I can see him throwing about 7-8 dumpoff screens to Jordan or Moss for almost all his passing yards.

If Moss were healthy, it'd be easier to determine how he could do with this offense. I think I am benching Moss this week because of his poor performance as it is...I didn't even need to see a QB change.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:09 am

Canacuna wrote:I watched Tui a lot back when he was playing at UW. Good times...

Me too! Doesn't it seem like such a long tie ago? Wasn't his dad in the NFL? With OAK's o-line these days, it's hard to think anyone can have success at QB!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:13 am

I saw the 03 KC game where he came in for Gannon. He was able to move the offense well, but forced some things. I think he will be a better start than Garrard regardless of Jax's schedule and better than Brad Johnson because of Minny's schedule (after this week). Hopefully he does bad or good enough to make me feel better about Moss's keeper value.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk