Where will Billy Volek play in '06? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Where will Billy Volek play in '06?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:35 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Billy should fire Rosensauce too ;-D


Why?

This is probably a topic derailer, but its something that is troubling. Drew Rosenhaus is arguably the best agent in the NFL - why on earth would he fire him?


Just heard on ESPN that TO is thinking about firing him. :-?
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:47 pm

umphrey wrote:Rosenhaus is getting killed by reputation right now. If you are a GM and thinking of signing 2 players, but one has Rosenhaus...which would you chose? I'd go out of my way to sign the other guy because I know that if I sign Rosenhaus's man I'm going to have to put up with demands for more money every year and the player holding out and other garbage.


Actually I have heard otherwise - that on the whole Drew isnt bad to work with at all. Since he is one of if not the most prolific agent in the NFL, my guess is that he has at least a couple starters on every team.

I have also heard that the truth is that Drew really isnt that great of a negotiator so once again, GMs generally dont mind working with him.

Now - if we were talking about the Postons than yeah - thats a pretty known fact that there are a handful of NFL teams that refuse to deal with those clowns.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:16 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Billy should fire Rosensauce too ;-D


Why?


Same reason a dog licks his sack. because he can.

hehe no really it's you who wrote
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Actually - that was a rumor started by his agent - Rosenhaus. Volek and Drew were not on the same page when Rosenhaus started these rumors. Since then Volek has gone out of his way to retract that sentiment and express his desire to stay at TEN.


and then directly after you said "why?" to me you wrote

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Maybe Volek is ready to let Drew loose.


why ask why when you know why?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:16 pm

if tom benson actually wanted to win games he'd probably try to get volek over to the saints...possibly by giving tennessee brooks and a third or fourth round draft pick....however, i strongly feel that benson is pulling a move similar to the one in the movie major league....where he actually wants the saints to lose so he has even more of a reason to move them, b/c everyone knows he wants the saints in san antonio..

thats already been proven in san antonio, by the fact that he has made the tickets only half the price the ones for sell in baton rouge, plus hes given away thousands of tickets for free to evacuees in san antonio, but none to the ones in baton rouge...simply to just inflate the attendance numbers, to make it seem like a better market...
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 883
Joined: 8 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:27 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Billy should fire Rosensauce too ;-D


Why?


Same reason a dog licks his sack. because he can.

hehe no really it's you who wrote
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Actually - that was a rumor started by his agent - Rosenhaus. Volek and Drew were not on the same page when Rosenhaus started these rumors. Since then Volek has gone out of his way to retract that sentiment and express his desire to stay at TEN.


and then directly after you said "why?" to me you wrote

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Maybe Volek is ready to let Drew loose.


why ask why when you know why?


What I meant by that was maybe he was ready to let Drew do his promotional thing by starting controversy and demanding a trade. I dont see anything wrong with demanding to be traded.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:02 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Billy should fire Rosensauce too ;-D


Why?


Same reason a dog licks his sack. because he can.

hehe no really it's you who wrote
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Actually - that was a rumor started by his agent - Rosenhaus. Volek and Drew were not on the same page when Rosenhaus started these rumors. Since then Volek has gone out of his way to retract that sentiment and express his desire to stay at TEN.


and then directly after you said "why?" to me you wrote

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Maybe Volek is ready to let Drew loose.


why ask why when you know why?


What I meant by that was maybe he was ready to let Drew do his promotional thing by starting controversy and demanding a trade. I dont see anything wrong with demanding to be traded.


Ahhhh.
Confuseus say:
A man misunderstood is . . . well, misunderstood. :-°
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:06 pm

Volek is 30 years old..... 8-o
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2139
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby ryanh1978 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:14 pm

Send Billy to the Lions!!! We would love to have a QB that has a clue on how to get WR's the ball. That would probably require FIRING MILLEN!!!! ;-D LOL
ryanh1978
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 381
Joined: 31 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: lookin for my sleeper WR......

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

ryanh1978 wrote:Send Billy to the Lions!!! We would love to have a QB that has a clue on how to get WR's the ball. That would probably require FIRING MILLEN!!!! ;-D LOL


There ya go - I would love to see DET trade for Volek.

I have heard rumors that DET may want to trade CRogers even though his contract for next yr is going to be dirt cheap. I wonder if TEN would be interested in a CRog for Volek deal?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dorje3 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:19 pm

I would love to see Volek have a shot as a starter somewhere. Didn't the guy throw for 15,000 yards in three games last year? Weewoo, that was fun, won me the fantasy title if I recall.
dorje3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 264
Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:07 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact