Where will Billy Volek play in '06? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where will Billy Volek play in '06?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:22 pm

u sure about that...he played like dirt in week 16....he got me negative points
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dorje3 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:25 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:u sure about that...he played like dirt in week 16....he got me negative points

Yeah, I rember that actually, but luckily I had Shaun that week along with Larry Johnson. The three weeks prior, however, he was on fire.
dorje3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:12 pm

I'm not trying to rip on the original poster but threads like this where someone asks "where will xxx be next year" are completely useless at this point in time. Just like the "where will TO be next year" threads. Nobody knows.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby maddog60 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:41 pm

Given the QBs possibly available next year through FA/trade and draft:

Kitna
Rivers/Brees
Volek
Warner
Leinart
Young

And the teams that will be looking for or needing a QB:

Detroit
Chicago
Miami
NYJ
Tennessee
Dallas
Baltimore
Arizona

also possibly:

Cleveland
Oakland
Tampa Bay
New Orleans

There are a ton of teams that could be in the market for a QB, and very few startable QBs going to be available, so I think its safe to say someone is going to take a chance on Volek. Given his age, I doubt Tennessee wants to give him a long term deal, as young and far away from being a championship team they are right now.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:06 am

maddog60 wrote:Given the QBs possibly available next year through FA/trade and draft:

Kitna
Rivers/Brees
Volek
Warner
Leinart
Young

And the teams that will be looking for or needing a QB:

Detroit
Chicago
Miami
NYJ
Tennessee
Dallas
Baltimore
Arizona

also possibly:

Cleveland
Oakland
Tampa Bay
New Orleans

There are a ton of teams that could be in the market for a QB, and very few startable QBs going to be available, so I think its safe to say someone is going to take a chance on Volek. Given his age, I doubt Tennessee wants to give him a long term deal, as young and far away from being a championship team they are right now.

I have the list slightly different MD. First of all, Young may not even come out - but he most likely will.

My biggest discrepancy is on the teams you say will be looking for a QB. I think you first have to ask if teams are looking for a starting QB, backup, or someone to groom.

I think the teams that will be looking for a starting QB are DET, MIA, NYJ, BAL, and ARI - thats about it.
CHI will have Grossman returning - I seriously doubt they will look to add anything more than a 3rd string backup QB if any this offseason.
McNair will be back in TEN next yr, so chances are they will only add youth at QB to groom one - I seriously doubt they will look to add a FA QB.
DAL - whats wrong with Bledsoe? I thought Parcells loves him and he has played exceptional for them - why would they look to add anything but a young QB to groom for the next couple yrs?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk