Will Holmes make it through the season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Holmes make it through the season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Holmes make it through the season?

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:46 pm

i know that holmes as a minor injured, but the real question is, will there be any more injuries to come after his bruised ribs heal??? will he make it through the whole season???

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby AF » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:41 pm

Playing in the NFL, staying healthy is a crapshoot for any player. I have no reason to believe that he would be any more likely to get hurt that any other player in the league.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Gatekeeper » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:40 am

he wont make it, the shitty thing is that neither Johnson nor Blaylock are worthy backups.
The keeper will never let you pass!!!
The Gatekeeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ratfink » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:48 am

if used properly he might ;-D
Ratfink
ratfink
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: poppin out the top of a 55 Chevy and squeezin a babe

Postby Serena » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:40 am

it scares me too..He is the stud of my team..we'll see this weekend..I am so excited since they are playing houston..I was hoping for a gigantic game..I think he'll be ok though
Serena
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:23 am

Two years ago he made it through the whole season. Last year he made it through all but the last two games. He's just as likely (or unlikely) to make it through the whole season as any other back that touches the ball as much as he does... ie Williams, Tomlinson, Portis etc. I've got him on my team as well and believe me, I've got my fingers crossed.

If he does get hurt, hopefully it will be early in the season so he can make it back in time for weeks 15 and 16. I had him in my line-up last year as well and him being out cost me the championship... on the other hand, if I didn't have him on my team, I probably wouldn't have even made it to the championship. Such is life.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:13 pm

Will Holmes make it? Well, let's ask some other questions first.

Will LT survive the punishment of facing 8 man fronts constantly because his team can't throw?

Will Portis's bangs and bruises eventually wear him down and force him out early this season?

Will Faulk, George, or James return to their former status, or continue to be plagued from injuries previously sustained?

Will fear Jamal Lewis enough to have guys go after him to try and take him out of the game?

The point is, you can question the health of just about every major RB in the NFL because health is a fickle thing in football, especially at RB. Holmes has just as good a shot of surviving the season as any of these guys. So he's had hip surgery. His playing certainly doesn't show it. So he's approaching 30. Terrell Davis didn't even get 3 good seasons in the NFL, but Emmitt Smith is still running, so age isn't everything. The main point to me is that Holmes has shown in the past 2 years he can out-produce every other nfl RB, and he's continuing to do so this year. If I wanted to play it safe, I wouldn't have drafted him. He got drafted because he wins games, he makes the difference during tough matchups, and he wins championships for people. Onyl in a keeper league would I even consider trading him off.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BradtheBold » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:07 pm

Dang you guys worrying about Holmes are nuts! You have a great thing going!

You were willing to gamble on him at your draft, right? He had surgery in the off season, would he be the same? Answer, yes! He's a FF point machine so far. You got two monster games out of him! There are no guarantees that he'll last forever, but there were no damn guarantees to begin with.

Yeah you could be a genius that traded him right before he gets seriously injured. But you're more likely to be the fool that traded him away the best FF player because you were scared of routine wear and tear.

All the Tomlinson owners are shaking their heads.
BradtheBold
Water Boy
Water Boy

Why all the second guessing?

Postby Farmboy12 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:37 pm

I understand the hip surgery worries, but he showed in week 1 and 2 that that isn't an issue at this point. So, he gets some bruised ribs. Thats gonna happen. Is it any different than Clinton Portis' bruised sternum. NO! I could understand being worried if his hip was bothering him, but as an RB in the NFL, things like bruised ribs are going to happen. Running backs body is what you get when you take 30 carries and run into other large men wearing protective gear who want to kill you--RB is the toughest position in the league to play because of this pounding that you take. If you trade Holmes, you are giving away the best FF player on the earth and why? Because he might get injured? He has no better chance of injury than the next guy and will carry you to the championship. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride. ;-D
Farmboy12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SinCity » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:22 pm

The Gatekeeper wrote:he wont make it, the shitty thing is that neither Johnson nor Blaylock are worthy backups.

Put away your magic eight ball LT.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk