WTF?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WTF??

Moderator: Football Moderators

WTF??

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:51 pm

Oakland is benching Collins this week for Tuiasosopo and blaming their crap season on him?? Stupid moves like this is why the Raiders suck...this reeks of Al Davis...It's not Collins' fault their defense couldn't hold up against a peewee league team...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/9083366

:-t
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:09 pm

Hey buddy!!

While I agree its not entirely Collins fault the Raiders suck he has to sholder some of the blame. I'd place most of the Blame on Norv Turner, hes an idiot.

But with the season shot I agree with getting Tui some game time.

Toodles!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:02 pm

This whole thing stinks of Al Davis. He's probably pressured Turner into making the switch. I hate owners who stick their noses in... Like Jones over in Dallas last year. Just because they own the team doesn't mean they know what's best for the team. :-t

Benching your starting QB just to get your back up face time is total BS. Collins is their best chance at winning their remaining games....are they trying to say that Tuey is the future of this franchise? I'd hate to be a Raider fan if that's the case. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:52 pm

i feel bad for the silver and black, they looked to have so much potential this year...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:38 am

No I really doubt Tui is the future for Oakland. I'd like to see the third stringer form ASU Andrew Walter.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby jh2031 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:36 pm

aaawall91 wrote:i feel bad for the silver and black, they looked to have so much potential this year...

Feel bad for the silver and black? Is that possible?
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:35 am

mysticphysh wrote:This whole thing stinks of Al Davis. He's probably pressured Turner into making the switch. I hate owners who stick their noses in... Like Jones over in Dallas last year. Just because they own the team doesn't mean they know what's best for the team. :-t

Benching your starting QB just to get your back up face time is total BS. Collins is their best chance at winning their remaining games....are they trying to say that Tuey is the future of this franchise? I'd hate to be a Raider fan if that's the case. :-b

Collins has been pretty bad for a few weeks. They are five games out in their division with no hope of catching up or making a wild card berth. Why not give Tui a chance to show what he can do before they make a decision on staying with him & KC or going after a new QB. Even if they win out there's no way they make the playoffs.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:36 am

I dont think that the Raiders losing should all neccesarily fall on the shoulders of Kerry Collins. Yes hes had his bad weeks, but so has Daunte Culpepper and Peyton Manning (not comparing him to those guys ability wise) But all I'm say is its not all his fault. I dont see Randy Moss helping out very much. LJ has been OK and could be better. In conclusion, Kerry Collins should not be benched and its a BOGUS thing to do.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:08 pm

jh2031 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:i feel bad for the silver and black, they looked to have so much potential this year...

Feel bad for the silver and black? Is that possible?
actully your right its not...they should have been better i dont feel bad for them, its just sad. ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:41 pm

Yeah, putting Tuey in was a great idea...just that spark they needed. That 124 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT really gave the Raiders that boost they needed to beat one of the worst teams in the league.... ;-7

I call down upon Al Davis a nasty toe fungus for meddling in that which should not be meddled by owners!!!!
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting