Seatle Fans ....Alexander contract - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seatle Fans ....Alexander contract

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seatle Fans ....Alexander contract

Postby Tbones » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:34 am

I thought they were in the works of a deal???

Seahawks | Alexander comments on contract talks Published Fri Dec 9 2:04:00 a.m. ET 2005

(KFFL) Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander was on KJR radio Thursday, Dec. 8, and he said that his contract negotiations haven't gone anywhere this season. This is consistent with what has been happening, or not happening, with his contract going all the way back to last year. His direct quote was, "You don't want to know" when asked about the status of contract talks.
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:06 am

They've been "in the works" for a long time.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:24 am

the Hawks' are as smart as the Houston Texans in the 4th quarter.

Alexander wants to stay in Seattle, his family is happy and he is, but they say he is too old??? he's like 28.

Ya think the Seahawks owners, who is the second richest man in the world would maybe give em a heads up to pay him the measley money.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:44 pm

Alkaholik wrote:the Hawks' are as smart as the Houston Texans in the 4th quarter.

Alexander wants to stay in Seattle, his family is happy and he is, but they say he is too old??? he's like 28.

Ya think the Seahawks owners, who is the second richest man in the world would maybe give em a heads up to pay him the measley money.

Many teams in the league hope he does - obviously you are ignoring a little thing called the "Salary Cap" and what it will mean to your 'keets if they cave to SA's demands... Better win the 'Bowl in the next year or two if you do - forget about being competitive past that...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:00 pm

SEA would love to sign Alexander obviously but there is ALOT of money tied into guys like Walter Jones, Hass, D Jax, etc.

From what you read they want to see what the market is for some of the FA's RB's like Edge & offer accordingly.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:46 pm

I read this earlier. Amazing.

Maybe he's after the monster payday, but somehow I don't think he's trying to set any payroll records. Pay the man a fair deal by todays standards and he'll be happy.

The guy's a class act! ;-D ;-D ;-D
(as an added plus... he's on my fantasy team)!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigGAME101 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:44 am

I don't think Seattle is going to offer him what he wants. In the end, I think they'll aim to re-sign Hutchinson, and there won't be enough money left for Alexander. The real this to consider is this: it is the offensive line and system that makes Alexander the great RB he is. I'm not saying he isn't good, but he is just blessed with a great situation. Seatlle will probably let him walk, sign one of the many free agents, and they won't miss a beat. (Ok, they might miss a small beat, but they will keep rolling, with the ability to aquire other players of need).

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ball of goof » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:11 pm

As much as i like alexander, i have to agree with bigGAME: with that o-line any quality back will have success. Didn't morris run for 100yds and a td in the second half of a game this year? I was not aware that seattle had cap issues, so now this contract stalling makes more sense.
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:00 am

It seems that I'm in the minority when it comes to Seattle fans (or, at least I was pre-season), but I think we need to re-sign Shaun no matter what, whatever it takes. He and the Jones-anchored O-Line are basically what has been carrying the team this year. Week after week, despite slow starts or whatever obstacle, the guy simply goes out there and gets the job done.

So, for Shaun, the franchise, and for fantasy football, let's hope that somehow (however doubtful), Alexander remains a 'Hawk.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby aercus » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:25 am

Alkaholik wrote:the Hawks' are as smart as the Houston Texans in the 4th quarter.

actually he is like the seventh richest man in the world...lol either way, I dont think he is hurting for the money to give SA.
aercus
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk