Seatle Fans ....Alexander contract - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Seatle Fans ....Alexander contract

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:33 pm

Alright hear me out....

First of all, they keep saying the hawks and alexander are in 'talks', but honestly I hope they let him go.

I love the hawks and love what shaun is doing for them. But if anyone including shaun thinks he can have this kind of success behind even a mediocre offensive line he is full of it. If he goes to another team next year I won't touch him in the first round of any fantasy draft.

THis guy is NOT the type of runner to 'make' something happen, he runs behind what many would argue is the best O-line in the NFL, (if not the best then definitly top 3). I am not saying Mo Morris is the right answer if shaun leaves, but the hawks have already put they money on Hass and Jones. They got some young talent coming up at WR (hackett) and Stevens is finally coming around. Holmgreen would rather see the ball in the air 60% of the time rather than on the ground.

I would love to see SHaun in another uniform with a reality check next season and the hawks bring in someone who is more of a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. I don't think it matters who comes in here, anyone running behind this line at that level should be able to put up 1000 yard, 8 TD seasons. Be it Morris or anyone else. I don't think they need to spend the money on a high priced RB free agent. THe moeny could be better spent on the secondary (especially if Hamlin is going to miss more than the rest of this year)
Image
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3830
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:44 pm

A guy who has a good chance of setting the touchdown record is not just part of the system. Shaun is putting up numbers like Priest, without the addenum of being injury prone.

A guy who plays every game and gets 1500 yards and 15 TD's consistently has to be kept. Plus, the fan backlash will be bigger this year if they let him go than it would have been last year. The salary cap is not as big of a barrier as people think, too.

All these reasons, plus the fact that I don't want my jersey to become outdated.. means Alexander will stay in Seattle. ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:56 pm

aercus wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:the Hawks' are as smart as the Houston Texans in the 4th quarter.

Alexander wants to stay in Seattle, his family is happy and he is, but they say he is too old??? he's like 28.

Ya think the Seahawks owners, who is the second richest man in the world would maybe give em a heads up to pay him the measley money.


actually he is like the seventh richest man in the world...lol either way, I dont think he is hurting for the money to give SA.


4th richest behind:

1) Bill Gates ($60 Billion)
2) Lawrence Ellison ($55 Billion)
3) Warren Buffet ($28 Billion)

There is some question as to the division of King Fahd's (Saudi Arabia) wealth since his death earlier this year.... At the time of his death, he was the third richest man in the world ($30 Billion). Depending on the division of his estate, his primary heir could end up being more wealthy than Paul Allen...


An interesting fact:

In today's money, John D. Rockefeller's fortune would be approximately $200 billion... Roughly 3.5 times that of Bill Gates...

Others who were richer than Gates (in today's dollars):

2) Andrew Carnegie ($110 Billion)
3) Cornelius Vanderbilt ($100 Billion)
4) John Jacob Astor ($85 Billion)
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby CC » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:58 pm

Nilmerf wrote:A guy who has a good chance of setting the touchdown record is not just part of the system. Shaun is putting up numbers like Priest, without the addenum of being injury prone.

A guy who plays every game and gets 1500 yards and 15 TD's consistently has to be kept. Plus, the fan backlash will be bigger this year if they let him go than it would have been last year. The salary cap is not as big of a barrier as people think, too.

All these reasons, plus the fact that I don't want my jersey to become outdated.. means Alexander will stay in Seattle. ;-D


With Larry Johnson's success isn't it even more obvious Priest was a product of the system?
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby biju » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:23 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
aercus wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:the Hawks' are as smart as the Houston Texans in the 4th quarter.

Alexander wants to stay in Seattle, his family is happy and he is, but they say he is too old??? he's like 28.

Ya think the Seahawks owners, who is the second richest man in the world would maybe give em a heads up to pay him the measley money.


actually he is like the seventh richest man in the world...lol either way, I dont think he is hurting for the money to give SA.


4th richest behind:

1) Bill Gates ($60 Billion)
2) Lawrence Ellison ($55 Billion)
3) Warren Buffet ($28 Billion)

There is some question as to the division of King Fahd's (Saudi Arabia) wealth since his death earlier this year.... At the time of his death, he was the third richest man in the world ($30 Billion). Depending on the division of his estate, his primary heir could end up being more wealthy than Paul Allen...


An interesting fact:

In today's money, John D. Rockefeller's fortune would be approximately $200 billion... Roughly 3.5 times that of Bill Gates...

Others who were richer than Gates (in today's dollars):

2) Andrew Carnegie ($110 Billion)
3) Cornelius Vanderbilt ($100 Billion)
4) John Jacob Astor ($85 Billion)


For that matter, if Sam Walton was still alive and didn't split up his estate amongst his many children, I believe he would be quite a bit ahead of Bill Gates.

Anyway, I don't necessarily want Alexander to go as this team is finally starting to gel correctly. However the money they would need to put down for him would be much, much better spent on defense and letting Maurice Morris give it a shot for at least a year.

If not him, then possibly one of the "failed" prodigies (like Ron Dayne) that behind a stellar O-line could really do something.

Seattle has the ability to gain high-powered defensive players via trade like Denver was doing churning people out of their system and doing deals. If we weren't in the middle of a Superbowl race we might have already tried to deal Shaun.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Postby BGbootha » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:31 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:A guy who has a good chance of setting the touchdown record is not just part of the system. Shaun is putting up numbers like Priest, without the addenum of being injury prone.

A guy who plays every game and gets 1500 yards and 15 TD's consistently has to be kept. Plus, the fan backlash will be bigger this year if they let him go than it would have been last year. The salary cap is not as big of a barrier as people think, too.

All these reasons, plus the fact that I don't want my jersey to become outdated.. means Alexander will stay in Seattle. ;-D


With Larry Johnson's success isn't it even more obvious Priest was a product of the system?


That was my line of thought.
Image
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3830
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby fantasizing » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:36 pm

I think that if Seattle was really keen on re-hiring SA they would have sealed the deal last season, last off-season, or by now. The fact that they haven't despite his enourmous success the last 1.5 seasons tells me they don't really care if he leaves. They are not desperate to re-acquire his services as you would think they would be considering his enourmous contribution to Seattle's winning ways.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1673
Joined: 30 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ball of goof » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:25 pm

Exactly. Regardless of how we feel about SA, it's now painfully obvious how Seattle is going to approach this.
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 162
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: dreamland

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:16 am

BGbootha wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:A guy who has a good chance of setting the touchdown record is not just part of the system. Shaun is putting up numbers like Priest, without the addenum of being injury prone.

A guy who plays every game and gets 1500 yards and 15 TD's consistently has to be kept. Plus, the fan backlash will be bigger this year if they let him go than it would have been last year. The salary cap is not as big of a barrier as people think, too.

All these reasons, plus the fact that I don't want my jersey to become outdated.. means Alexander will stay in Seattle. ;-D


With Larry Johnson's success isn't it even more obvious Priest was a product of the system?


That was my line of thought.

It's true that Priest, Larry, and Shaun are all enhanced because of their systems. However, until Seattle finds their equivelant of a Larry Johnson to replace Alexander, I would be inclined to stick with him. No sense in proving the hypothesis wrong when Mo Morris runs for 800 yards and 3 TD's.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:27 am

Nilmerf wrote:A guy who has a good chance of setting the touchdown record is not just part of the system. Shaun is putting up numbers like Priest, without the addenum of being injury prone.


How many TDs does Shaun have in his career? Something like 92 or so...

How many are on 1 or 2 yarders? 46 according to Dr Z from CNN/SI... How many of those would just about any other starting RB in the NFL have scored behind that Oline and Mack Strong? About 40....
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:30 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact