Seatle Fans ....Alexander contract - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seatle Fans ....Alexander contract

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aercus » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:52 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
aercus wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:the Hawks' are as smart as the Houston Texans in the 4th quarter.

Alexander wants to stay in Seattle, his family is happy and he is, but they say he is too old??? he's like 28.

Ya think the Seahawks owners, who is the second richest man in the world would maybe give em a heads up to pay him the measley money.

actually he is like the seventh richest man in the world...lol either way, I dont think he is hurting for the money to give SA.

4th richest behind:

1) Bill Gates ($60 Billion)
2) Lawrence Ellison ($55 Billion)
3) Warren Buffet ($28 Billion)

Where did you find these numbers?? I keep seeing like 6 or 7 people ahead of him....damn Steve Forbes with his bad data. I would like to see the actual ranking for curiosity's sake.
aercus
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:56 am

aercus wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
aercus wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:the Hawks' are as smart as the Houston Texans in the 4th quarter.

Alexander wants to stay in Seattle, his family is happy and he is, but they say he is too old??? he's like 28.

Ya think the Seahawks owners, who is the second richest man in the world would maybe give em a heads up to pay him the measley money.

actually he is like the seventh richest man in the world...lol either way, I dont think he is hurting for the money to give SA.

4th richest behind:

Where did you find these numbers?? I keep seeing like 6 or 7 people ahead of him....damn Steve Forbes with his bad data. I would like to see the actual ranking for curiosity's sake.

Now, I don't remember the link I found that at... In any case, I'm sure it's very subjective... I'm sure every source values companies by slightly different criteria... We can say with certainty, though, that Paul Allen is somewhere in the top 10... And I guess that's all that's important....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:13 pm

Nilmerf wrote:It's true that Priest, Larry, and Shaun are all enhanced because of their systems. However, until Seattle finds their equivelant of a Larry Johnson to replace Alexander, I would be inclined to stick with him. No sense in proving the hypothesis wrong when Mo Morris runs for 800 yards and 3 TD's.

Actually - with the depth of available RBs in the current NFL, I seriously doubt they would go with Morris instead of finding one outside of SEA. The depth of available RBs is the x-factor in this whole situation.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:36 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:A guy who has a good chance of setting the touchdown record is not just part of the system. Shaun is putting up numbers like Priest, without the addenum of being injury prone.

How many TDs does Shaun have in his career? Something like 92 or so...

How many are on 1 or 2 yarders? 46 according to Dr Z from CNN/SI... How many of those would just about any other starting RB in the NFL have scored behind that Oline and Mack Strong? About 40....

how many Tds to other backs have from the same distance?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:42 pm

awwchrist wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:A guy who has a good chance of setting the touchdown record is not just part of the system. Shaun is putting up numbers like Priest, without the addenum of being injury prone.

How many are on 1 or 2 yarders? 46 according to Dr Z from CNN/SI... How many of those would just about any other starting RB in the NFL have scored behind that Oline and Mack Strong? About 40....

Irrelevant. He's trying to discredit Alexander any way he can. Don't try to use logic to fight him! He's immune!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aercus » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:08 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
aercus wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
aercus wrote:

4th richest behind:

Now, I don't remember the link I found that at... In any case, I'm sure it's very subjective... I'm sure every source values companies by slightly different criteria... We can say with certainty, though, that Paul Allen is somewhere in the top 10... And I guess that's all that's important....

I wasnt trying to be a d*ck, I was just curios where the numbers were. All of the figures are skewed as they are only estimates and I would like to compare the lists. Regardless, Paul Allen is worth a couple bucks more then me....lol
aercus
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:21 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
awwchrist wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

Irrelevant. He's trying to discredit Alexander any way he can. Don't try to use logic to fight him! He's immune!

I'm not interested in getting into the heart of another Alexander arguement since we've seen about 400 too many already, but to be fair in one of those battles a year or two ago I made a post comparing Alexander's average TD length to other NFL RB's and it wasn't really close, and Alexander's .pct of TDs from inside the 2 absolutely dwarfed the league average.

So prior to completely writing off a guy without logic, it might be worth your while to check and make sure there isn't actually any there first.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:13 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
aercus wrote:

4th richest behind:

There is some question as to the division of King Fahd's (Saudi Arabia) wealth since his death earlier this year.... At the time of his death, he was the third richest man in the world ($30 Billion). Depending on the division of his estate, his primary heir could end up being more wealthy than Paul Allen...

An interesting fact:

In today's money, John D. Rockefeller's fortune would be approximately $200 billion... Roughly 3.5 times that of Bill Gates...

Others who were richer than Gates (in today's dollars):

2) Andrew Carnegie ($110 Billion)
3) Cornelius Vanderbilt ($100 Billion)
4) John Jacob Astor ($85 Billion)

Don't forget Capone.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 am

SA will be signed to a long term deal by the Seahawks.

You heard it hear 1st. ;-7
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby sharptongued1 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:06 am

awwchrist wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

How many other backs have been given the shots inside the five that Alexander has? Relativity. I'm in the same boat as Bagel, I don't want to get in the middle of something that I could care less about. I can definitely see why the Seattle franchise wouldn't want to pony up big bucks for a 28 year old back.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk