Aaron Brooks to quit... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Aaron Brooks to quit...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flyn high again » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:25 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:Guys, Aaron Brooks is just expressing his frustration much like Joe Horn did when he called out the commisioner. The entire team is extremely unhappy with the way the league has handled them following Katrina, and it all started when they scheduled the home game to be in New York for the game against the Giants...You all know that the only time this team doesn't have to travel is when they play in San Antonio, and even when they go to Baton Rouge to play some of their HOME games, they're treated by a horrendous crowd of about 15,000 every time....Now there is all this BS about practicing on concrete and working out in parking lots...This is just getting ridiculous. It could have been handled in a more proffesional way, no doubt. For all of you guys who don't know anything about Aaron Brooks, he is an extraordinary citizen and one of the nice guys in the league....He's having a tough season and he is frustrated with the uncertainty that the Saints must deal with every day. He is by no means a "spoiled athlete", nor would the Saints be any better off without him....That's just ridiculous...

I don't see Brooks doing anything to help the situation besides complain about it. Why don't the team members and the owner ante up some money and rent practice space if they have a problem? Some colleges would probably give them space for nothing if they asked. Instead, they blame the league and want the league to bail them out. Sure, it was a stupid idea to hold that game in NY. So why didn't the owner come up with better arrangements on his own?

Part of the reason they get no fans is because the owner is threatening to leave New Orleans. He won't even go to the games because he's "afraid" of the fans. The league had nothing to do with that situation.

So, Brooks may be a "good guy" but in my book, any millionaire who complains about a situation, wants other people to bail him out of the situation, but does nothing on his own to fix it is spoiled and a brat. Hence "spoiled brat"...

Oh, those poor, poor millionaire players and owner. Maybe we should take a collection up for them and buy them a NEW stadium and some NEW fans. Boo Hoo. Boo Hoo.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby lsufan » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:15 pm

I really think this whole thing with the Saints just sucks. The team is in disarray right now. The team really needs the league to help them out. Everything needs to be organized properly. A NFL team shouldn't be kicked out into a concrete parking lot for Volleyball. This type of stuff is just bull crap. How can they play a competitive game of football like all the other teams in the NFL without a proper place to prepare. The team has too much to worry about then to get together as a team and organize were there going to practice. How is team needs going to get paid for. Thats not what the team should be concerned with. They need to be concerned about football. If this stuff doesn't get taken care of I'm concerned the team may have to shut down. This problem is much bigger then what Brooks or the team can handle on there own in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. I had a good hunch that the Saints were going to suck this season. I have been posting on this website since 2003 how things are going to have to change for this team to succeed. I got excited a while back when there was rumors about Bradshaw maybe buying the team. It would be great to see the Saints owned by a group of investors with Bradshaw as the head figure.

Don't even get me started about Brooks. He's a second string QB at best. He makes poor decisions and never seems like he cares when he does. He never corrects any of his mistakes. Part of his problem is poor coaching but 90% his him. He should be benched the rest of the season just like Collins and Harrington. They wouldn't be a better team without him, like what studentofthegame said, but there has to be penalties for poor play.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:50 pm

Flyn high again wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Guys, Aaron Brooks is just expressing his frustration much like Joe Horn did when he called out the commisioner. The entire team is extremely unhappy with the way the league has handled them following Katrina, and it all started when they scheduled the home game to be in New York for the game against the Giants...You all know that the only time this team doesn't have to travel is when they play in San Antonio, and even when they go to Baton Rouge to play some of their HOME games, they're treated by a horrendous crowd of about 15,000 every time....Now there is all this BS about practicing on concrete and working out in parking lots...This is just getting ridiculous. It could have been handled in a more proffesional way, no doubt. For all of you guys who don't know anything about Aaron Brooks, he is an extraordinary citizen and one of the nice guys in the league....He's having a tough season and he is frustrated with the uncertainty that the Saints must deal with every day. He is by no means a "spoiled athlete", nor would the Saints be any better off without him....That's just ridiculous...

I don't see Brooks doing anything to help the situation besides complain about it. Why don't the team members and the owner ante up some money and rent practice space if they have a problem? Some colleges would probably give them space for nothing if they asked. Instead, they blame the league and want the league to bail them out. Sure, it was a stupid idea to hold that game in NY. So why didn't the owner come up with better arrangements on his own?

Part of the reason they get no fans is because the owner is threatening to leave New Orleans. He won't even go to the games because he's "afraid" of the fans. The league had nothing to do with that situation.

So, Brooks may be a "good guy" but in my book, any millionaire who complains about a situation, wants other people to bail him out of the situation, but does nothing on his own to fix it is spoiled and a brat. Hence "spoiled brat"...

What exactly do you propose Brooks to do about this situation? I think its a little more complicated than just "anteing up" to pay to practice at a college facility....In my opinion, they shouldn't have to pay for the commisioner's mistakes anyway....This is obviously not just about the money. Its about having the same opportunities that the other professional teams have to prepare and compete on Sundays. You can not tell me that the Saints have had the same opportunities as everyone else. They don't even know where they're going to practice from week to week...Haslett has claimed that he hasn't even had the chance to review film on some occasions because of all the traveling. As a result of all this, you have an unprepared and tired football team and the fans are obviously jumping ship...I live in Houston, Tx. and I looked into going to a game in Baton Rouge, but the ticket prices were ridiculous compared to what they normally are...Its just crazy how many problems this organization has, and I'll admit that it does start at the top with owner Tom Benson....However, IMO the players have very right to expression their opinions on how poorly the league has handled their situation...Its been such a mess.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:28 pm

I'm not trying to argue with you about the overall situation. I agree that it's a mess. My point is that Benson, the coaching staff, and the players seem to be doing more complaining than problem solving.

If my business burned down [God forbid], I wouldn't wait for the insurance company to send me a check, I would find a new place and new trucks and equipment and get things going again ASAP even if I had to go deep into debt in the meantime.

If my old bowling team's cars all broke down and I got 4 phone calls saying the guys needed rides, I wouldn't expect the league secretary to pick up my team. I would make calls and figure out a way to get the guys to the bowling alley. Maybe I would get some help from the secretary or other teams but I surely wouldn't count on it or complain if it wasn't forthcoming.

These players, coaches, and owner are all adults and they have tremendous resources among themselves. Less crying and more problem solving would impress me.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:04 pm

Flyn high again wrote:I'm not trying to argue with you about the overall situation. I agree that it's a mess. My point is that Benson, the coaching staff, and the players seem to be doing more complaining than problem solving.

If my business burned down [God forbid], I wouldn't wait for the insurance company to send me a check, I would find a new place and new trucks and equipment and get things going again ASAP even if I had to go deep into debt in the meantime.

If my old bowling team's cars all broke down and I got 4 phone calls saying the guys needed rides, I wouldn't expect the league secretary to pick up my team. I would make calls and figure out a way to get the guys to the bowling alley. Maybe I would get some help from the secretary or other teams but I surely wouldn't count on it or complain if it wasn't forthcoming.

These players, coaches, and owner are all adults and they have tremendous resources among themselves. Less crying and more problem solving would impress me.

Again.....The National Football League operates a little differently than your bowling league and your business....Alot more money involved. No offense to your life, I respect you and your opinion. However, I think you're seeing the situation a little too much through your own eyes. I agree that their may be a little too much complaining going on here, but there is not much the players can do at all to solve the problems. Thats where you and I disagree...Its pretty much a helpless situation for most of the guys....If you want to call out someone, call out the owner, not the players and coaches because they have to focus on the game ahead of them or they will get completely embarassed like in the Green Bay game....Many of them are fighting for their jobs at this point(especially the coaches)...If they stop focusing on football they could be out of a job by the end of the season. Owner Tom Benson basically is just sitting back, collecting money, catoring to his many car dalerships, and looking around for someone who can buy this team from him. He is a disgrace to the NFL...
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fuz1on » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:42 am

StudentOfTheGame wrote:
Flyn high again wrote:I'm not trying to argue with you about the overall situation. I agree that it's a mess. My point is that Benson, the coaching staff, and the players seem to be doing more complaining than problem solving.

Again.....The National Football League operates a little differently than your bowling league and your business....Alot more money involved. No offense to your life, I respect you and your opinion. However, I think you're seeing the situation a little too much through your own eyes. I agree that their may be a little too much complaining going on here, but there is not much the players can do at all to solve the problems. Thats where you and I disagree...Its pretty much a helpless situation for most of the guys....If you want to call out someone, call out the owner, not the players and coaches because they have to focus on the game ahead of them or they will get completely embarassed like in the Green Bay game....Many of them are fighting for their jobs at this point(especially the coaches)...If they stop focusing on football they could be out of a job by the end of the season. Owner Tom Benson basically is just sitting back, collecting money, catoring to his many car dalerships, and looking around for someone who can buy this team from him. He is a disgrace to the NFL...

studentofthegame: your points in all your posts are really valid and thoughtful. you truly understand what is really goin on. i think everyone should really read your posts and understand the insight you have given.

everyone else: the saints are dealing with adversity that is unprecedented. let's say you worked at a major computer company and the whole place burned down. now you had to relocate to a stinky, damp garage with 5 year old computers and a dialup connection instead of a broadband connection. how frustrated would you be? could you actually do your job well? wouldn't you want to quit if you saw all your competitors with superior equipment? especially if your boss(benson) didn't help out? what if the ceo(nfl) didn't care? that's what the saints have to deal with on a week to week basis. they have to move offices, lockerrooms, training facilities...they are tryin to compete with teams who don't have those problems. so they are already down 10-0 every week without even playing the game yet...they should have been america's team this year but people don't understand what hardships they have had to endure. i blame it on american ignorance which i've been guilty in the past of also. the natural disasters of katrina and rita were terrible but how about the devastation of the asian tsunami? have you donated any money for any of those causes? i digress but it's what really matters...football is only a game and the saints are just doing the best they can with limited resources.
fuz1on
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:16 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:

I agree 100% that the onus is on Benson to take care of his team. I just don't like whiners.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:29 pm

fuz1on wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:

studentofthegame: your points in all your posts are really valid and thoughtful. you truly understand what is really goin on. i think everyone should really read your posts and understand the insight you have given.

everyone else: the saints are dealing with adversity that is unprecedented. let's say you worked at a major computer company and the whole place burned down. now you had to relocate to a stinky, damp garage with 5 year old computers and a dialup connection instead of a broadband connection. how frustrated would you be? could you actually do your job well? wouldn't you want to quit if you saw all your competitors with superior equipment? especially if your boss(benson) didn't help out? what if the ceo(nfl) didn't care? that's what the saints have to deal with on a week to week basis. they have to move offices, lockerrooms, training facilities...they are tryin to compete with teams who don't have those problems. so they are already down 10-0 every week without even playing the game yet...they should have been america's team this year but people don't understand what hardships they have had to endure. i blame it on american ignorance which i've been guilty in the past of also. the natural disasters of katrina and rita were terrible but how about the devastation of the asian tsunami? have you donated any money for any of those causes? i digress but it's what really matters...football is only a game and the saints are just doing the best they can with limited resources.

To carry this analogy a little further, If this computer business [call it Microsoft just to give it a name] burned down, I would hope the owner of the company would provide a better place to work or at least present a concrete plan that the employees could look to giving them hope for the future. I would also hope that the employees would pitch in and carry boxes or whatever was necessary even though it wasn't in their job description since it is to their benefit to get the situation fixed as soon as possible. I would not think it is the responsibility of the trade group that the owner's company and competitors [Apple, HP, etc.] belong to to fix the problem. Help, maybe. Fix, no. The owner [let's call him Gates] has the main responsibility to fix his own company. Instead he seems to be more concerned with where he should move his company when he finally rebuilds, hopefully at the taxpayers' expense.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Johnnie » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Looks like Brooks got his wish. He benched now.

My whole point when I started this thread was there is more to life than football. There are thousands of other people including hurricane katrina victims wondering where their next meal will come from or their next pay check. He wants to complain about moving to much. He's lucky he has a job and a roof over his head. He should be greatful he has a job, a family and money.

I too hate whiners.

He can quit now and no one will notice.

J
www.shavemyface.com
Johnnie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting