Warner a top three QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner a top three QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Warner a top three QB?

Postby dorje3 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:23 pm

Is Warner a top three QB right now? That's probably a stretch--as No 1 and No 2 are locked up--but how about top five? He's thrown for over 300 in three of his last four, and even when he throws interceptions he still accumulates a lot of points with completions and yards.
Where would you rank him?
dorje3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:33 pm

palmer
manning
brady
warner

something like that.

depends a lot on scoring.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:01 pm

If Warner could put the ball in the end zone for TD's, he'd surely be top 3. They still can't score TD's though as evidenced by the fact that Nick Novak had 3 FG's last week against freaking SF, and Kurt only had 1 TD. :-[

They are in the same situation as St. Louis as far as passing is concerned, meaning that they do it all the time. In Arizona's case, they just have no speakable running game and are essentially forced to throw. The Rams might be able to run if they wanted to (although that O-Line is pretty suspect these days)...they just choose to throw.

Both have favorable schedules for the playoffs (Houston, Philly for ARZ, Philly/SF for STL). I actually have Warner on my main team along with Hasselbeck AND Bulger, so I'm waiting to see what happens there. They all have great playoff schedules, but Hass might not be needed and Bulger may not be back. Kurt could be my playoff QB - lord help me. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:06 pm

The Philly matchup won't be that favorable for Warner, I imagine they will get in his face which he dosn't like too much. The Indy matchup in week 16 is bad too.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:34 pm

In yardage leagues hes defintely a top 5 fantasy qb. In TD heavy leagues he isnt worth all that much...
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:57 pm

Gnu314 wrote:The Philly matchup won't be that favorable for Warner, I imagine they will get in his face which he dosn't like too much. The Indy matchup in week 16 is bad too.

Why can't PHI be a good matchup? They are reeling right now, and they could easily be in the game until the end. Sure, he might get pressured, but if he has time to throw, Philly's pass defense can be had. They are giving up 207 yards a game (17th in the league) and 1.6 TD's per game (25th). They still won't be able to run since they have no one to run with, so Boldin and Fitzgerald should do well. The problem is getting them the TD's.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby boyz35 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:15 am

The #'s show that he's right up there. He has the best recieving corps in the league. In the beginning of the season, though, he struggled.
boyz35
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:34 am

boyz35 wrote:The #'s show that he's right up there. He has the best recieving corps in the league. In the beginning of the season, though, he struggled.

cinci and indy might disagree.

johnson 71 1139 7
housh 56 862 5

harrison 66 855 10
wayne 67 867 5

fitzgerald 82 1128 7
boldin 56 743 5

all looks pretty close to me...a case could be made for any of them. but warner is no longer in the same ballpark as palmer and peyton.

and when everyone is healthy...(mcnabb and bulger) i think he definitely finds himself behind them.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Azrael » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:16 pm

Hey, if you are desperate for a QB and are going to be in the playoffs, maybe pickup Garrard. Jax plays SF/Hous in weeks 15 and 16.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Shatner8 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:29 pm

moonhead wrote:
boyz35 wrote:The #'s show that he's right up there. He has the best recieving corps in the league. In the beginning of the season, though, he struggled.

cinci and indy might disagree.

johnson 71 1139 7
housh 56 862 5

harrison 66 855 10
wayne 67 867 5

fitzgerald 82 1128 7
boldin 56 743 5

all looks pretty close to me...a case could be made for any of them. but warner is no longer in the same ballpark as palmer and peyton.

and when everyone is healthy...(mcnabb and bulger) i think he definitely finds himself behind them.

Don't forget Boldin was out with an injury for a few weeks. If he had played every week he would definitely be over 1000 yards
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk