Anyone need a QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Anyone need a QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:35 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I can think of about a billion successful transfers, most recently Brian Calhoun's transfer worked out pretty well for him.

I wonder why Portis transferred, Leak will be gone next year and he will get his shot. I suppose he was worried either Schaeffer or Tebow would move in and he would never get his shot.

Maybe this kid could come to Wisconsin, Stooco would be gone by the time he was eligible and the Badgers always need a QB. When Brooks Bollinger is your best quaterback in recent history, you know it's a running school. Also, Colorado wanted to turn Calhoun into a wide receiver, so you can't blame him in the least. He's obviously got great talent at running back.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:19 pm

With Tebow going to Florida, Wisconsin has to be thrilled. This gives them a great shot at Schaeffer, another 5 star QB who looked great at Tennessee.

That would be 2 pretty sweet transfers for Wisconsin.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:13 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:With Tebow going to Florida, Wisconsin has to be thrilled. This gives them a great shot at Schaeffer, another 5 star QB who looked great at Tennessee.

I heard awhile back that Schaeffer made a public statement that he wanted to go back to the SEC. I don't have a direct link, but I'm pretty sure that he wanted to go back and I seem to remember him deciding between Florida and Ole Miss.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VaderFin » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:46 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:With Tebow going to Florida, Wisconsin has to be thrilled. This gives them a great shot at Schaeffer, another 5 star QB who looked great at Tennessee.

I heard awhile back that Schaeffer made a public statement that he wanted to go back to the SEC. I don't have a direct link, but I'm pretty sure that he wanted to go back and I seem to remember him deciding between Florida and Ole Miss.

Unless Leak goes Pro I don't see Schaeffer going to FL, even then with Tebow going I don't see it. I have heard Ole Miss and Wisconsin both mentioned and both would be places to go...Wisconsin if he actually wanted to win.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:14 am

Don't throw Ole Miss under the bus quite yet. While they're in a tough conference, LSU as well as Alabama should both be on the decline next season with Auburn being the only real powerhouse in the SEC West next year IMO. Kenny Irons will be tough to stop but that Ole Miss defense is not something to mess with, I know for the majority of the season they were in the top 15 nationally and likely finished close to that at the end of the season. Ole Miss wouldn't be a bad fit for the kid, but I think Wisconsin would be.

Think about the type of offense Wisconsin runs and names like Brian Calhoun, Ron Dayne come to mind. When you think Wisconsin football, big O-linemen with big rushing comes to mind, not a dual-threat QB system by any means.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to College Football