PBC Week 14: Bears vs Steelers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC Week 14: Bears vs Steelers

Moderator: Football Moderators

PBC Week 14: Bears vs Steelers

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:08 am

Huge matchup this week that will make or break the Steelers. I of course, take the Bears. Any Steelers fans who think their team won't lose another game?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hines Alou » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:54 pm

Me. Honestly, they piss me off (the steelers) because I know they can play just as good as any team in the NFL (even the Colts), but they dont. I do think they will win out though, especially if they fix the things theyve been doing wrong. My reasons on the losing streak:

1. We play average defense until our backs are to the walls. This is shown last week against cinci when we were back in the game, and the crowd got into it, and the defense held cinci to a three and out. You could just see the defense could do it, they just dont put there all into it, and Im not joking about this. If you watch the game youd see what Im saying.

2. Cowher needs a balance on offense. You dont need to go into a game and throw 40 times, or run 40 times. you can have a 50/50 ratio if you want, but not bill cowher. He's the most stubborn coach in the league.

3. Offensive Line injuries and poor performances. Offense starts with the O line, and our offense is directed towards the run. Without Marvel Smith, we've been doing awful. Too many false starts by Trai Essex and Kendell Simmons, and Max Starks isnt living up to his potential yet.

4. Cowher needs to pick one runningback. When he takes Willie/Duce/Jerome out of the game, he gets them out of their rhythm. Last year, he had one guy in the game the whole time, and it worked real well. In my opinion, give Duce the bulk of the carries, put in willie on third downs, and Bettis in at the goal line. Its not rocket science.

5. WR's need to hold onto the damn ball. Cedrick Wilson whines about not getting the ball enough, and its because he cant catch the ball. He made a great catch last week, but also dropped 2 or 3. I say put hines at number 1 (obviously) and put quincy morgan at number 2. He's played very well. Randle El as the slot, and Cedrick at 4.

6. Special teams needs to improve. When I saw Ike Taylor getting dragged on that kick return against cinci, I about cried. We had all the momentum, and then Ike Taylor cant make a tackle at the 30, and gets dragged to the 3. Dont get me wrong, Ike played a great game against chad johnson, but that was terrible. Also, Ricardo Coclough should NOT be returning kicks. He's slow, and waits for blocks instead of just straight running to get yards necessary. Quincy Morgan has done a great job at kick returning, and he is in on kickoffs, but seriously put randle el back for Coclough.

7. People dont realize how close the games we've lost have been, and that we lost two games with Maddox starting. Tommy blew the Jacksonville game for us, and gave us no chance to win in Baltimore, even though we went into OT in both games. Then, we lost a heartbreaker to New England at the end of regulation. Im not making excuses about the Colts game though, because they manhandled us for the most part (even though manning didnt put up that great of stats, and was confused at times.) The Bengals game was also close...came down to the last drive, and people dont realize that.

Theres my insight, hopefully you guys can understand what Im saying. But anyway, if they improve on that this week, I feel we can beat the Bears. If we dont turn the ball over we'll get the win for sure, but I still think this will be a close low scoring game. I say Steelers win 10-6.
Hines Alou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:52 am

In other words, the Steelers have too many problems to fix in time to extend this season beyond 16 games. :~(
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting