GC Week 14: CHI @ PIT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC Week 14: CHI @ PIT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FatFoot » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:25 pm

The Steelers didn't play poorly on defense or on the run. Bears blew it on D and special teams. Anyone wanna bet that Wade is done as a punt returner in the NFL?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:40 pm

FatFoot wrote:The Steelers didn't play poorly on defense or on the run. Bears blew it on D and special teams. Anyone wanna bet that Wade is done as a punt returner in the NFL?

I don't know, he's been just as bad all season and is still back there. I think today makes either 10 or 11 fumbles on the year.

The Steelers deserved to win, they outplayed the Bears in all aspects of the game.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:03 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Alright, looks like Pitt is gonna win this one. JAX is losing to Indy. Now lets all route for Miami against SD and Dallas against KC. Let's get the Steelers into the playoffs....oh and Cleveland is hanging with Cincy down 20-17... :-o

Great job with your routing!!!! Both SD and KC lost today! ;-D
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:29 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Alright, looks like Pitt is gonna win this one. JAX is losing to Indy. Now lets all route for Miami against SD and Dallas against KC. Let's get the Steelers into the playoffs....oh and Cleveland is hanging with Cincy down 20-17... :-o

Great job with your routing!!!! Both SD and KC lost today! ;-D

The only thing that didnt go right is the Brown Stains blew their game against Cincy. :-t
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:32 pm

mysticphysh wrote:They did play poorly. They just had some good bounces on all those fumbles.

Bears played one of their worst games of the season. Seemed like everybody was screwing up at the same time. Sure does add meaning to the last game of the season against Minn. This is Indy's year anyways but I hope the Bears get it together and get at least one playoff win.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:19 pm

To be perfectly honest, I am satisfied with the Bears performance this year, in that they beat my expectations. The only thing I'm asking for at this point is a Christmas present. Even if (when) we take the division, we aren't a good enough team to beat Indy, IMO and it would make for an embarassing super bowl.

I don't think the Steelers are going to the playoffs, though. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:22 pm

FatFoot wrote:To be perfectly honest, I am satisfied with the Bears performance this year, in that they beat my expectations. The only thing I'm asking for at this point is a Christmas present. Even if (when) we take the division, we aren't a good enough team to beat Indy, IMO and it would make for an embarassing super bowl.

Yeah da bears exceeded my expectations when they won 5 games, im impressed to say the least.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby jh2031 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:33 am

FatFoot wrote:To be perfectly honest, I am satisfied with the Bears performance this year, in that they beat my expectations. The only thing I'm asking for at this point is a Christmas present. Even if (when) we take the division, we aren't a good enough team to beat Indy, IMO and it would make for an embarassing super bowl.

At least we beat the mighty bears. :-b
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:34 am

jh2031 wrote:

At least we beat the mighty bears. :-b

I love the Steelers even more by showing up and proving my point in an earlier thread about the Bears overhyped D. I thought it'd take a high powered offense to prove my point, but pound the ball Pittsburgh went ahead and did it. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:31 am

mysticphysh wrote:
I love the Steelers even more by showing up and proving my point in an earlier thread about the Bears overhyped D.

I'm a homer here, but one game doesn't prove a point. IND has a great offense but they have bad games too sometimes, one game doesn't mean much. The Bears D played poorly yesterday, but that doesn't mean they're not a good defense.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting