GC Week 14: CHI @ PIT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC Week 14: CHI @ PIT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:35 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
I love the Steelers even more by showing up and proving my point in an earlier thread about the Bears overhyped D.

I'm a homer here, but one game doesn't prove a point. IND has a great offense but they have bad games too sometimes, one game doesn't mean much. The Bears D played poorly yesterday, but that doesn't mean they're not a good defense.

not to mention both the starting safties were out. take polamalu off your steeler D and see how fearsome they are against the run.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:21 pm

moonhead wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
I love the Steelers even more by showing up and proving my point in an earlier thread about the Bears overhyped D.

I'm a homer here, but one game doesn't prove a point. IND has a great offense but they have bad games too sometimes, one game doesn't mean much. The Bears D played poorly yesterday, but that doesn't mean they're not a good defense.

not to mention both the starting safties were out. take polamalu off your steeler D and see how fearsome they are against the run.

Actually, they'd still be pretty good. Back up safty Mike Logan could be a starter on other teams. A mark of a good D or O is they can still be effective and good no matter injuries.

As for the other guy's point about one game doesn't prove anything...it's actually two games...see Cincy earlier this year. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:06 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:

Actually, they'd still be pretty good. Back up safty Mike Logan could be a starter on other teams. A mark of a good D or O is they can still be effective and good no matter injuries.

As for the other guy's point about one game doesn't prove anything...it's actually two games...see Cincy earlier this year. :-b

well, you won't know until it happens. i have a feeling that it would be of greater impact than you're letting on.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:57 pm

Actually, Polamalu hasn't been as effective as he was the first half of the season. I mean, look at his stats for this game. Only 1 solo tackle and 2 assisted. Pitt has been having to drop him back to help with coverage more lately.

Pitt's linebacking core is good enough, they still hold up against the run without Polamalu up at the line. And as I said, Logan is a pretty good Safty, there wouldn't be a big drop off in the defense's performance I don't think.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting