McGahee is a STUD! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

McGahee is a STUD!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:14 pm

McGahee has been riding the pine with the emergence of Larry Johnson, and I couldn't be happier. ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby cpaq » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:50 pm

i took mcgahee 5th and then grabbed deuce in the second round

i'm 12 and 1 , thanks to steve smith, palmer,gates,LJ,dunn,housh, vanderjagt,atl/cin def not a super stud lineup but have been consistent scored avg 140pts a week.

but our semi finals our next week and have bad matchups so will probly lose.
cpaq Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 92
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McGahee is a STUD!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:38 pm

SniperShot wrote:I am so glad I used my first pick on him this season.


WAAA! WAAA!
:~( :~( :~(
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby 4_Favre » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:20 pm

i hope in the sack cuz after I burned a 1st rd pick on him I'm not likeing him at all

what do you guys think is his value in a keeper? - keep any 5
4_Favre
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1054
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McGahee is a STUD!

Postby cadet58 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:21 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I am so glad I used my first pick on him this season.


WAAA! WAAA!
:~( :~( :~(


He is killing me, my team has crashed the last 4 or 5 weeks because of him.
cadet58
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 850
Joined: 4 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McGahee is a STUD!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:23 pm

cadet58 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I am so glad I used my first pick on him this season.


WAAA! WAAA!
:~( :~( :~(


He is killing me, my team has crashed the last 4 or 5 weeks because of him.


McGahee alone has caused your team to crash the last 4 or 5 weeks. It has nothing to do with the rest of your roster.

:-t
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:25 pm

4_Favre wrote:what do you guys think is his value in a keeper? - keep any 5


I think that the only keeper value he has is to keep him as far away from your team as possible.
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: McGahee is a STUD!

Postby Charlie24 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:16 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
cadet58 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I am so glad I used my first pick on him this season.


WAAA! WAAA!
:~( :~( :~(


He is killing me, my team has crashed the last 4 or 5 weeks because of him.


McGahee alone has caused your team to crash the last 4 or 5 weeks. It has nothing to do with the rest of your roster.

:-t

dude, please stop with the its the rest of your roster BS... for all you know he could have been involved in a shootout and McGahee was the only one that didn't go off and thus indeed cost him his game... In tight games, one player usually decides the outcome. I doubt McGahee cost him the game in all those weeks, but one player does make the difference believe it or not
in seemingly EVERY venting thread you post you use the same argument. Please give it a rest for a while
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1104
Joined: 9 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: FSU

Re: McGahee is a STUD!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:35 pm

Charlie24 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
cadet58 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I am so glad I used my first pick on him this season.


WAAA! WAAA!
:~( :~( :~(


He is killing me, my team has crashed the last 4 or 5 weeks because of him.


McGahee alone has caused your team to crash the last 4 or 5 weeks. It has nothing to do with the rest of your roster.

:-t

dude, please stop with the its the rest of your roster BS... for all you know he could have been involved in a shootout and McGahee was the only one that didn't go off and thus indeed cost him his game... In tight games, one player usually decides the outcome. I doubt McGahee cost him the game in all those weeks, but one player does make the difference believe it or not
in seemingly EVERY venting thread you post you use the same argument. Please give it a rest for a while


Sorry, but I disagree. If one player has a bad game and you lose by only a few points, you still could have won if ANY of the other players on your roster did a little better that week. Football, like fantasy football is a team sport. No one player ever loses a game by himself.
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby Charlie24 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:53 pm

I fully agree with you that football is a team sport and that everybody contributes to the W, but there are times when one player affects the outcome of the game. Imagine a team with Carson Palmer (16 points), LJ (22 pts), McGahee (2 pts), S Smith (18 pts), Wayne (15 pts), Heap (12 pts), Rackers (15 pts) and Chicago D (22 pts). Now lets pretend that team manages to lose by a couple of points. Using you team theory, everyone should contribute to the W, and everybody did except McGahee. Since McGahee had the lowest score he is the "dead weight" so to speak, and thus can be considered the reason you lost. You cant just go to the other players and demand more to compensate for McGahee since they did their job and had great games, unlike McGahee. It is definitely a team sport, which means every player has to take care of business, and if one player doesn't, he is clearly at fault if they get the L

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then :-D
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1104
Joined: 9 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: FSU

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:18 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact