Is Collins going to start again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Collins going to start again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:56 am

Houston 1-12
San Fran 2-11
Green Bay 3-10
New Orleans 3-10
NYJ 3-10
Buffalo 4-9
Baltimore 4-9
Cleveland 4-9
Tennessee 4-9
Oakland 4-9
Detroit 4-9
Arizona 4-9

That's what it looks like right now. The Raiders next three games are:

Cleveland
@Denver
NY Giants

I don't see the Raiders winning another game. The Browns game is a toss up, but with the backup qb Tui playing, I think they lose this game.

This means Oakland has a damn good chance of getting a top 8 pick, possibly even top 5.

Lets break down on where Vince may end up.

Houston- drafting Reggie or trading down to draft an offensive lineman. Not drafting a QB.

San Francisco-drafted a QB last year.

Green Bay- either Favre stays for another year or they start Aaron Rodgers, their first-round draft pick last year.

New Orleans- Aaron Brooks isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

New York Jets- Barring finding out that Pennington AND Fiedler will be 100% by the start of the season, this is probably where Leinart will go. And even if they do find out Pennington and Fiedler will be 100% for the start of the season, this is where Leinart will end up.

I'm predicting Oakland ends up in this spot, where I believe they will draft Vince Young.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:27 am

i wouldn't guarantee that. brooks has already said he would rather retire than play in the situation they are in now again next year. even still he isn't great to begin with and vince would make a nice addition to that team. (least as far as they are concerned)
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:40 am

logan wrote:

i wouldn't guarantee that. brooks has already said he would rather retire than play in the situation they are in now again next year. even still he isn't great to begin with and vince would make a nice addition to that team. (least as far as they are concerned)

i totally agree with that. Brooks is a terrible QB and i'd be very suprised if he's with the Saints next year, or at least the starter. i think they'd have a hard time passing on Young or Leinart if they were available
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:18 am

You guys are probably right, actually. Oh well, here's to hoping Oakland gets a lower pick than the Jets or the Saints.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk