LT, S Alexander, Palmer and S. Smith cost me my league! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

LT, S Alexander, Palmer and S. Smith cost me my league!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:14 pm

He should have started Gado over LT.

;-)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

fds

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:19 pm

with an 11-2 record and 250+ point ahead of the second highest point total, I thought I'd have smooth sailing to the Championship. Sure, they could pull LT or SA early, but that didn't worry me.

The #1 seed (me) upsetted by the #8. If that's not bad enough, I only scored 58 points! I had 2 TD's total (1 passing from Palmer and 1 rushing from SA).
Burress? No!
S. Smith? No!
LT? No!
Tony G? No!
Coles? No! (I wasn't really expecting from him though)
Kaeding? Did he even play?

hmm, 11-2 record with..
Palmer
LT
SA
Smith
Burress..

Is that possible? 12 team league? HUH!

:-t :-t :-t [/b]

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:06 am

What can I say, I'm a genius when it comes to trading players. It's a 12 man league, not 4, and only 2 people were rookies. Which, I didn't even trade with (or take advantage of them).

Yeah, I should have started Gado over LT, but I still would have lost. It's the curse of my dorm. Last year the kid that was the #1 seed lost to the #8 seed too. The #1 seed last year had P. Manning, C. Martin, J. Walker, Gates, etc... stacked!

The guy that beat me had T. Glenn, whom I've been trying to trade for since week 6. I should have traded him LT for glenn like he wanted ... i might have won. Also I had a trade sending away R. Moss and J. Smith for Harrison 6 weeks ago that the league vetoed. Man, I would have liked to have Harrison today...

Anyway, drafted S. Smith, Palmer and LT, and then traded D. Davis, R. Moss, Jimmy Smith for S.A. It was the week that S.A. had 60 yards vs. DAL. The guy with him lost and was so pissed about it that I was able to pull off the trade.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MartinBlank » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:50 am

Well thats a cute story, but you are either playing with idiots or embelishing. I have no idea how you could have drafted that team in a 12 person league even without SA.

As far as losing in the first round goes, well it happens, not much else to be said.
QB- Brady, Roeth
RB- Addai. Brown, Betts, Jordan, B Jackson, Foster
WR-Holt, Colston, Johnson, Stallworth, M Jones, Henderson
TE- Witten, McMichael
D- GB, PHI
K- Scobee, Gould

Keeper/Cap League 10 teams
PLAY: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D
Bench: 12
MartinBlank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby upslogger19 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:58 am

It is POSSIBLE to draft that team. I had the number 1 pick in a 10 person $$$ league with 2 rookies and I drafted LT, D. Davis with the 20th pick, C Johnson with the 21st pick, then I got Lamont Jordan, Palmer, and Boldin later. Its a strech with a 12 team league but it could happen. He probably got Palmer and Jimmy Smith really late in t he draft.
upslogger19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:05 am

upslogger19 wrote:It is POSSIBLE to draft that team. I had the number 1 pick in a 10 person $$$ league with 2 rookies and I drafted LT, D. Davis with the 20th pick, C Johnson with the 21st pick, then I got Lamont Jordan, Palmer, and Boldin later. Its a strech with a 12 team league but it could happen. He probably got Palmer and Jimmy Smith really late in t he draft.

Last time I checked, DD does equal SA. And Steve Smith > Chad as well this year.

Also, getting LaMont Jordan after the 3rd round is a joke. You play with dummies.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby upslogger19 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:43 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
upslogger19 wrote:It is POSSIBLE to draft that team. I had the number 1 pick in a 10 person $$$ league with 2 rookies and I drafted LT, D. Davis with the 20th pick, C Johnson with the 21st pick, then I got Lamont Jordan, Palmer, and Boldin later. Its a strech with a 12 team league but it could happen. He probably got Palmer and Jimmy Smith really late in t he draft.

Last time I checked, DD does equal SA. And Steve Smith > Chad as well this year.

Also, getting LaMont Jordan after the 3rd round is a joke. You play with dummies.

Ok DUMMY.

Alls I am saying is that he drafted LT, DD, Moss, Palmer, S Smith and J. Smith.

And I drafted LT, DD, CJ, Palmer, Jordan, and Boldin.

I NEVER said DD = SA, I was just making a point that he could have drafted that team and traded for SA.

And I NEVER said CJ > SS. Steve Smith went in the 6th round in our league so it is very possible to DRAFT this team based on preseason rankings. Jordan dropped to the 40th pick in our league and I was lucky to get him. Jimmy Smith went in the 8th round so he could easily get him as well and Palmer went in the 10th round.

You just think its impossible to draft his team based on how they played this year, but based on preseaon rankings he could have drafted those guys with a few rookies drafting bad.

His draft probably went:
Round 1: LT
Round 2: D. Davis
Round 3: Moss
Round 4: S. Smith
Round 5: Gonzalez
Round 6: J Smith
Round 7: Palmer
Round 8: Burress

Or something like that. All his lower round picks have done really well so it allowed him to trade a bunch of players for SA.

I hope this makes sense.
upslogger19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:55 pm

Maybe it will help to know that I did have the #1 pick and our league had one funky rule during the draft: You have to fill your starting spots before you can start filling your bench spots. Therefore, we have 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 DP and those all had to be filled before anybody could take a third RB... make sense? Sounds dumb, but it adds a new twist of strategdy. My picks:
1.1 LT
2.12 D. Davis
3.1 S. Smith

by the time my forth pick came back to me, 10 of the 11 teams (not counting me) had drafted a QB. Since I knew that only one other person could draft a QB until round 10, I didn't sweat it, after all K. Collins and Palmer were left on the board and I thought either would be a good choice.
So I drafted Roy Williams and Tony G.; Jimmy feel through some cracks into the 7th round, and I took Palmer as my last "starter pick".
I also did well picking up FA: Bledsoe, Glenn, Housh, Gado, etc...
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbudya1 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:52 pm

the first place team in my 12 league(filled with guys who have played for years) had the #2 pick...took LT, Rudi Johnson, Lamont jordan, then steve smith, also got Carson Palmer in the sixth i believe. Lineups like that are possible, obviously.
qb- Carson Palmer
rb-Frank Gore, Jessie chatman, Justin Fargas, Jerious norwood, cedric benson
wr-T.J. Houshmanzadeh, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald
te-Greg Olsen
K-stephen Gostkowski
def-Pittsburgh
mbudya1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chidoy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:21 pm

I got SA, DD, and LT as well in a 10 team league.

I pulled it off with a 3 team trade so I ended up with SA and DD.

I gave up Gates, Portis, Jimmy Smith, S.Davis, and a few others..forgot who at this time, but I still was able to pull it off.

DD was hurt at the time too..

So not impossible to get a stellar squad....but my WR's and TE are lacking right now...

Sorry bout the loss with such a stud team tho.....that's FF fo ya!
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting