Sign here if you hate Brunell, and wish ill upon him. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Sign here if you hate Brunell, and wish ill upon him.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby UT4life » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:07 pm

I made a last minute decision to start Brunell against Arizona when I saw the snowy Buffalo field on the pregame show (I have Brady too)...I decided to roll with Brunell in the desert instead of Brady in a snowstorm and boy do I wish I could have that back...now I am on the verge of getting upset by the #8 team because of this dumb move.
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?
UT4life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:14 pm

Brunell is a stiff and you should have known this by now...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby liono123 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:19 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Brunell is a stiff and you should have known this by now...

Yes, but negative points? I learned my lesson. Week 1 of the playoffs I'm playing Fitzpatrick over Brunell.
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby physcho20x9 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:27 pm

I had negative points from Brees a few weeks back and lost that game. That was frustrating. 4 picks, not many yards, no tds. It happens, unfortunately, and I can understand the frustration. It's always annoying to get negative points, when you would have been better off not even playing someone at that position...
physcho20x9
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:35 pm

liono123 wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Brunell is a stiff and you should have known this by now...

Yes, but negative points? I learned my lesson. Week 1 of the playoffs I'm playing Fitzpatrick over Brunell.

Fantasy football is so unpredictable. Brunell will probably go off this week.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby boojumsnark25 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:23 pm

anyone have frerotte on their waiver wire? its a gamble, but i think he's getting things together
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:25 am

The Skins are going to have to show everything they've got through the air this week vs Dallas. Brunell is a risky play but he will see more action this week because I doubt Portis will have a ton of room.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby liono123 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:13 am

Anyone else here would play Brunell over Fitzpatrick? Even in my league where Fitz was worth 12 points last week? We have nice bonuses for lots of attempts.
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

that b

Postby carnwtf » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:12 pm

Brunell hit me up with -4 points... I played him instead of Delhomme who would have given me 8. I still managed to win -an knock 2 people down a notch -getting me into the playoffs. But I'm playing the #1 guy this week and he has a powerhouse of a team.. I'm screwed.

It's not just Brunell I want to shoot, though... It's Mike Anderson. I'm sick of this "do good every other week" BS.
carnwtf
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:44 pm

I hate the do good every other week stuff man I know how you feel. 3 Years of fantasy football and you think i'd learn my lesson... but noooo every year I go for the Mike Anderson's and Willis McGahee's and end up tearing my hair out with lineup choices every week while I watch everyone else rack up the points with their surefire starters.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting