My rant about Indy and every commentator out there... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

My rant about Indy and every commentator out there...

Moderator: Football Moderators

My rant about Indy and every commentator out there...

Postby biju » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:50 am

I've been watching a ton of the commentators out there talk about Indy's undefeated season and it seemed that most of them believed Jacksonville was the only one that could stop them. Now that they have been beaten they are quickly calling for the coming of the undefeated Colts.

Um, why are both the Chargers and Seahawks getting overlooked?

True, the Chargers just got beat by Miami. But this really puts them in further need to beat Indy next week or really be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

And don't get me started about the Seahawks. While I don't necessarily believe our defense can stop Indy, I do believe we can "get in the way" enough for our offense to give it a run. The Indianapolis defense isn't as good as people think it is, and high powered offenses have been able to put up points against them.

Anyway, I'm particularly peeved about how the Hawks have been quickly written off.

:-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Thursday » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:55 am

It's happened every week, in case you haven't noticed. There's a big deal about this undefeated team, for quite the opposite reason: people (analysists, commentators, etc.) don't want it to happen because they pick against them. But every week (14 of them so far) they get proved wrong, so they'd rather talk as loudly as possible to make everyone believe that they had called it correctly. It'll make everyone forget about how they picked Jacksonville to end the run. It's going to happen again, and again, with SD and SEA. You'll see.

The more predictions the predictors make, the more chance they have to actually be right every once and again.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:56 am

word.

the 'hawks have fooled us before.

kinda like good ole george W. said:
"fool me once, shame on....me. Fool me, I don't get fooled again!"

but I believe the hawks are about the only team that can keep up with the colts offensively, while having enough playmakers on D to not be totally overpowered.

I think the talking heads and "experts" were burned by the seahawks last year and have just kind of said, to hell with them...but that alexander guy is a beast.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: My rant about Indy and every commentator out there...

Postby Charlie24 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:59 am

biju wrote:I've been watching a ton of the commentators out there talk about Indy's undefeated season and it seemed that most of them believed Jacksonville was the only one that could stop them. Now that they have been beaten they are quickly calling for the coming of the undefeated Colts.

Um, why are both the Chargers and Seahawks getting overlooked?

True, the Chargers just got beat by Miami. But this really puts them in further need to beat Indy next week or really be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

And don't get me started about the Seahawks. While I don't necessarily believe our defense can stop Indy, I do believe we can "get in the way" enough for our offense to give it a run. The Indianapolis defense isn't as good as people think it is, and high powered offenses have been able to put up points against them.

Anyway, I'm particularly peeved about how the Hawks have been quickly written off.

:-t

this is exactly what I was thinking when the guys in sportscenter where talking about Indy and going undefeated... The commentators in the Chargers-Dolphins game said after the Phins won that the Chargers were in really bad position and had all but missed out on the playoffs. Just because they lost to an inferior team doesn't mean they suck (after all, Denver lost to miami as well and look where they are now)... If I were Indy I would be really scared to face a very hungry and desperate San Diego team. Their O can hang around with pretty much anybody when its rolling and since they need the W to stay in the playoff hunt expect them to bring their A game next week

I really believe San Diego, because of its situation, has the best chance of beating the Colts of any of the remaining teams
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:30 am

I don't think Seattle has the caliber to keep up with Indy. Look how they played against the Giants. I think Indy could definately take them and I don't think San Diego really has a chance on the road against them either.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Sipho » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:08 pm

I think the only way to beat the Colts is to outgun them. The way I see it, there are only three teams that can do it - Cincy, San Diego, and Seattle. The Colts are clearly the favorite over the Bolts and Hawks, but they will be tough games because those teams can put up points in a hurry. If the Colts go undefeated, no one can claim they did it by going through a cupcake schedule (underhanded swipe at '72 Dolphins).
Sipho
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:34 pm

All the "experts" were saying that Pittsburgh would be Indy's great test after they beat Cincy. Then they said JAX would be Indy's next great test (JAX did give them a run there at the end). They're just setting up Indy to lose and if they do lose, the "experts" can say I told you so.

That being said, in my "expert" opinion, I think SD and Seattle have a chance at beating them. Cincy already proved if you're high-powered enough, you can hang with Indy and both SD and Seattle are high-powered....and at least Seattle has a better D then Cincy.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:10 pm

mysticphysh wrote:All the "experts" were saying that Pittsburgh would be Indy's great test after they beat Cincy. Then they said JAX would be Indy's next great test (JAX did give them a run there at the end). They're just setting up Indy to lose and if they do lose, the "experts" can say I told you so.

That being said, in my "expert" opinion, I think SD and Seattle have a chance at beating them. Cincy already proved if you're high-powered enough, you can hang with Indy and both SD and Seattle are high-powered....and at least Seattle has a better D then Cincy.

st. louis was hanging tough with the colts too before bulger went down.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby maddog60 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:50 pm

don't worry biju, they were just hyping this week's matchup. Come time for the Colts to face the Seahawks, if SD doesn't steal a win, they'll all be talking about how the Hawks are the last chance to stop Indy, and how it could be a superbowl preview, etc. They'll quickly forget having dismissed the Hawks.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Warhawk » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:05 pm

moonhead wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:All the "experts" were saying that Pittsburgh would be Indy's great test after they beat Cincy. Then they said JAX would be Indy's next great test (JAX did give them a run there at the end). They're just setting up Indy to lose and if they do lose, the "experts" can say I told you so.

st. louis was hanging tough with the colts too before bulger went down.

*points out that Bulger went down trying to make a tackle on a interception HE threw*

Also, the 17-0 was a deceiving score. Only the first drive was a real quality drive by the Rams. Then the Colts muffed the kickoff return, but they stopped the Rams at the 1 yard line and forced a FG, which was a nice defensive stand. Then the next Rams score was because of completely blown coverage. It was really a nutty series of events. The Rams managed 3 scores vs. only 1 Colts possesion.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting