Anyone think Randy Moss will get 1000 yards this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone think Randy Moss will get 1000 yards this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Randy get 1000 yards this year?

Yes
10%
No
90%

Total votes : 10

Anyone think Randy Moss will get 1000 yards this year?

Postby Vikes4ever » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:11 am

Well after a 18 yard performance today, he's got 789 on the season. With 3 more games to go, that projects to 971 yards in 16 total games. Raiders got a rookie QB now and Porter looking more and more like the No 1 reciever, will he still get his 1000 yard season?

He needs to average 70 yards for the final 3 games to accomplish it. Personally, I don't think he will and I kinda feel bad for him. :-o
Vikes4ever
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone think Randy Moss will get 1000 yards this year?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:30 am

Vikes4ever wrote:Well after a 18 yard performance today, he's got 789 on the season. With 3 more games to go, that projects to 971 yards in 16 total games. Raiders got a rookie QB now and Porter looking more and more like the No 1 reciever, will he still get his 1000 yard season?

He needs to average 70 yards for the final 3 games to accomplish it. Personally, I don't think he will and I kinda feel bad for him. :-o

If he didn't get injured he'd already be past 1000 yards. He still has a chance but it's slim.

He had 466 yards in his 1st 4 games (average 116.5). He got hurt in week 6 (Bye was week 5) and had 0 yards. In the 7 games after the injury he has a total of 305 yards (average 43.6) and has only topped 70 yards twice.

1st 4 weeks: 130, 127, 86, 123
Last 7 weeks: 43, 26, 7, 87, 40, 28, 74

I don't feel bad for him. I feel bad for me. I had Moss & DJax as my top 2 WR's on 1 of my teams. I was never able to sufficiently replace the 2. That and some poor RB's caused me to go 9-5 and lose out on making the playoffs because of a tiebreaker which was total points. 1st 4 weeks Moss & DJax were 2 of the top 5 WR's. Very hard to replace.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:34 am

I don't think he will get it even though the Raiders have a fairly easy passing schedule left. I just don't think teams will respect Tuiasosopo (and they have every right not to), and they will stop the run first, get a sizable lead on Oakland's poor defense, and then cover deep to stop quick scores. Even if Moss gets healthy, I can't see him getting those long bombs he's known for.

He's basically a 4th WR for me at this point since Oakland has mailed it in for the year. At least Collins has the arm to get the deep one to Moss; I don't see Tui getting the leeway to go deep. He's on the Elvis Grbac dump-off throwing schedule from now on.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk