Draft Board Projections - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft Board Projections

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:12 pm

Interesting mock there Plinds.

There are a bunch of questionas I have though...

We pretty much agree that Bush will be the top draft pick, right? I mean, either HOU drafts him or they trade the rights to draft him or they draft him and then trade him - either way, Bush will be the #1 pick. I assume you put Ferguson there with the caviat that that is who HOU will eventually end up with after the trade.

Kiwi going ahead of Mario Williams is interesting.

Unless you can update me, I havent heard anyone say Quinn was coming out this yr.

Oakland drafting a CB is interesting - Im not sure thats their greatest need, but at the same time, Jimmy Williams will be the best available player if he falls that far. I kinda have a feeling DET wont let him pass by if they get a shot at him - everyone knows that OT is very deep this yr, so we can see some of these early teams like DET use their top draft pick at a thin position like CB and wait until the 2nd to get a better value at OT.

DEN drafting 2 DTs in the first rd? I dont know about that either - they may go with a Huff type S with the earlier pick if he's available.

MIN drafting a QB? cmon now - you give them way too much credit. They still think Cpepp just had a bad yr and is still a probowl QB. They wont figure out they need a QB for at least another yr or so.

DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney would be the steals of the first if they fell that far.

You think Winston Justice will fall that far?

Its an interesting take - something to think about, thats for sure. I guess Quinn would change everything.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:17 pm

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

I will post my mock once the regular season is over.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:50 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:We pretty much agree that Bush will be the top draft pick, right? I mean, either HOU drafts him or they trade the rights to draft him or they draft him and then trade him - either way, Bush will be the #1 pick. I assume you put Ferguson there with the caviat that that is who HOU will eventually end up with after the trade.

Exactly...

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Kiwi going ahead of Mario Williams is interesting.

Call it personal preference... I honestly think it's a coin flip between these two... I feel the two have pretty similar physical talents, with Kiwi being far and away the more "heads-up" of the two....

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Unless you can update me, I havent heard anyone say Quinn was coming out this yr.

It's a mock draft.... Cut me some slack... I can't predict the future any better than you can....

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Oakland drafting a CB is interesting - Im not sure thats their greatest need, but at the same time, Jimmy Williams will be the best available player if he falls that far. I kinda have a feeling DET wont let him pass by if they get a shot at him - everyone knows that OT is very deep this yr, so we can see some of these early teams like DET use their top draft pick at a thin position like CB and wait until the 2nd to get a better value at OT.

See, the thing is, you can never count on Detroit to make the wise move on draft day, so I'm going to go ahead and count on them to pass on Williams, because picking him would be the smart thing to do...

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:DEN drafting 2 DTs in the first rd? I dont know about that either - they may go with a Huff type S with the earlier pick if he's available.

You could be right....

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:MIN drafting a QB? cmon now - you give them way too much credit. They still think Cpepp just had a bad yr and is still a probowl QB. They wont figure out they need a QB for at least another yr or so.

The way I see it, Culpepper may not be ready for opening day next year... Right now, the Vikings are starting an old man, with little or no back-up... I don't see how they can pass on a talented young QB if a decent one falls to them...

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney would be the steals of the first if they fell that far.

Once Bush and Leinart are off the board, I'm not sure too many of the teams with early picks can afford to ignore their other issues to take a RB, when most of them already have someone to put in that role... I mean, Green Bay is one that might, and so might Cleveland, but both have backs who are coming on strong late, and need help on defense....

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:You think Winston Justice will fall that far?

With the sheer number of OT's available? Yes I do....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby t_sweet » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:11 am

There is a series of mock drafts here. some are more updated than others.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2006_mockdrafts.cfm
QB- Vick
RBs- Forte, Sproles, Martin, K Smith, Ronnie Brown
WRs- Welker, D-Jax, Britt, Mike Williams, Lance Moore, LaFell
TE- Gonzo
K- Jason Hanson
Def- Buf D
t_sweet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:51 pm

VaderFin wrote:I'm going to say by the time the draft roles around Jay Cutler will be a 1st round pick. I would rather the Fins took him then Jacobs or Young.....but that is me.

You are seriously whacked, Jay Cutler over vince young. I mean who wouldn't root for a kid from Santa Clause IN, but as a first round pick you are so high, puff puff give. :-° :-° :-°

UT4life wrote:thought this was funny...if the niners select reggie bush, they would have a presidential backfield...bush and gore...lol

Gore was never president.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:54 pm

VaderFin wrote:I'm going to say by the time the draft roles around Jay Cutler will be a 1st round pick. I would rather the Fins took him then Jacobs or Young.....but that is me.

You are seriously whacked, Jay Cutler over vince young. I mean who wouldn't root for a kid from Santa Clause IN, but as a first round pick you are so high, puff puff give. :-° :-° :-°

UT4life wrote:thought this was funny...if the niners select reggie bush, they would have a presidential backfield...bush and gore...lol

Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:31 pm

Redskins Win wrote:

he was president-elect for a few weeks. :-D
but he was president of the senate.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:36 pm

moonhead wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

He was voted in wasn't he? :-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:47 pm

moonhead wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

How was he president elect for a few weeks? Unless my memory is already fading, Gore never beat Bush down in FLA regardless of how many recounts they had.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Berge20 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:01 pm

He was VP though....that gives you top two
Berge20
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext