Anyone leading the league in points but out of playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone leading the league in points but out of playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone leading the league in points but out of playoffs?

Postby PSU All Day » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:39 pm

I am second in my league in total points and behind #1 by 11 points (1600+ points so far), almost 100 points ahead of #3 and I will not make the playoffs this year.

10 team league with 4 making the playoffs from 2 divisions.

Anyone else in this situation?

It's not like I started slowly either. there were 2 weeks where I was the #2 point scorer only to lose to the #1 point scorer.

Really just very strange.
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:57 pm

I'm in a league where I am either leading the league, or just barely 2nd in the league in points (close to 2000) depending on what happens tonight, but will miss the playoffs.... I started the season 0-4, and would have made the playoffs, except I went up against Seattle's defense last week, and lost by 3 points. I think I've led the league in scoring most of the last 6 weeks or so, but because of a slow start, and some piss-poor luck last week, I will miss the playoffs....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stoner420 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:08 pm

im leading the league by pts... but unless crumpler goes for 16 tonight i miss the playoffs... finishing 6-8. I had two losses by less than a pt each time.

My worse loss occured when the rams went for a pointless 2pt conversion to put them down by 17 instead of 18 with 2 min left... I had the indy d, and since the rams got 28 pts, i lost a pt, and lost the game, and thus, didnt make the playoffs because of it. WOWOWOWOWOW. i went insane when that happened.
stoner420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:14 pm

The #1 team in our league lost to the #8 team this week. The #1 team conistently scored over 80+ points each week and only got 36 from his team this week (Palmer, L. Jordan, LT...need I say more?). Then again, my boyfriend had the third highest points in the league and didn't even make the playoffs. I guess that's why some leagues reward point totals and head-to-head winners!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:17 pm

In my money league, I'm #2 in points and missed the playoffs...going 7-7.

The #1 team in points tied with 2 other teams for the Wild Card, but will get in because the tiebreaker is Points.

Oh, the team with the lowest points in the league will make the playoffs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zzViper » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:35 pm

I have the most points in my division, but second in the division due to a tie last week (needed Westbrook to get more yards or a score). Our league has a four team two week playoff (the three division leaders plus a wildcard), and in the wildcard race I'm ahead by W-L record but behind in points.
zzViper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:14 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I'm in a league where I am either leading the league, or just barely 2nd in the league in points (close to 2000) depending on what happens tonight, but will miss the playoffs.... I started the season 0-4, and would have made the playoffs, except I went up against Seattle's defense last week, and lost by 3 points. I think I've led the league in scoring most of the last 6 weeks or so, but because of a slow start, and some piss-poor luck last week, I will miss the playoffs....

Sometimes it's better to be lucky rather than good!

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby octagon999 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:24 pm

I'm the clear points leader in one league and only squeeked into the playoffs due to an unusually generous playoff schedule. Six teams out of 10 make it in, and I was in sixth place.

This week, the first round, scored the highest of any team all season to bury my first round opponent. Something tells me that I'll wish I had them next week.

As you said, Pete, its a LOT of luck. Effort pays off, but I'd rather be lucky than good. :)
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:00 pm

Finshed #1 in points and missed the playoffs by one game. It seamed like every time I lost the team I played had the high score that week. :-t
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:15 pm

In one of my leagues I am 2nd out of 12 in total points but have a record of 5-9. Everybody's having their career games against me but those are the breaks. In my other 3 leagues I'm in the playoffs.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk