Looking ahead at Week 16... Seattle Vs Indy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Looking ahead at Week 16... Seattle Vs Indy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking ahead at Week 16... Seattle Vs Indy

Postby PittPhenom » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:23 pm

The championship game is projected to be me vs this guy who has 4 players from both seattle and indy.. who happen to be playing week 16... do u think guys like edge will be rested week 16 in that game?
PittPhenom
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:36 pm

I think the only way Indy doesn't have it's full complement of starters on the field against the Seahawks is if they lose in week 15 and their streak is over.

BUT, I think the Colts are going to win out, so I wouldn't hold your breath if you're waiting for Dungy to sit his players. My impression is that they are going to play for the perfect season.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Blaneyfan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:57 pm

I hope Indy is still undefeated for it, Seattle will really get up for that game to end it, so it'll be a shootout, and that's a good thing for me! ;-D
Blaneyfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby biju » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:05 pm

There is a possibility that Seattle will rest their players if they gain home field advantage this weekend which will come if Seattle wins against Tennessee and Tampa Bay and Chicago both lose their games. At that point only the Giants could tie us and we own the tiebreaker.

Since I don't believe that will happen, I suspect both Seattle and Indy to play their full teams until the game is primarily over one way or the other.

I believe that Seattle could pull it off. Indianapolis hasn't shown me anything to make me think their defense can really hold down a high-powered offense. I expect them to have trouble with San Diego and isn't of trying to beat them with defense they'll just outscore them. The same will have to happen to Seattle.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Smee » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:23 pm

I think it would be a real dumb move for the Colts to sit players and coast into the playoffs, that game may be a preview of the Superbowl. It would be a great time to send a message.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:39 pm

I think it will be collective, if one team doesnt put their starters in the other team probably wont either. Both teams would want to sit their players, but they arnt going to if the other has all their starters in.

If one team is starting everyone expect the other to too.

I think of it like back in high school football, where one team would be up 50-0 and once one side puts the reserves in, the other side would as well.

But i really expect both teams to play this as a pre prep playoff game, get ready for it as if it was a playoff game and prepare for it as if it was, both teams play crap ass teams the following week afterwards so i bet they can rest the starters somewhat then and still have their secondary win it.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:13 pm

From what I have heard, the Colts will be playing to win the game, meaning they will be playing all starters, unless they are blowing a team out, in which case I would assume they would take out Manning, James, Harrison, etc towards the end of the game.

Personally, I think that Seattle wants to make a statement against the Colts. They still really haven't beaten anyone legit (unless you count their "victory" over the giants), and I think they will get up for the game, and they too will play to win.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:29 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:They still really haven't beaten anyone legit.

The Falcons and Cowboys aren't legit? Both were considered a top 3 team in the NFC when Seattle beat them.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:22 pm

what everyone is forgetting is that this is a super-bowl preview. Therefore, neither team is going to want to show the other anything. Expect all vanilla all game. THis is what give the Seahawks a chance; not that they are the better team, but that both teams will play it like a preseason game as far as play-calling goes.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk