Unhappy in Buffalo? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Unhappy in Buffalo?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Unhappy in Buffalo?

Postby CC » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:48 pm

From PFW Whispers.

We hear that Bills RB Willis McGahee is not happy in Buffalo and wants to play in Florida, preferably Miami

He has not been on his game lately, and while I am a big McGahee fan he seems like he is a massive headache for the Bills.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:56 pm

This guy is a turd.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:58 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:This guy is a turd.

an overly-hyped turd....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:28 pm

Miss Travis Henry yet?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RubeRiot » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:34 pm

Don't forget that this is his first "full" NFL season as a starter.
Considering the injuries he's had, and the horrible passing game of BUF, I'm amazed he's made it as long as he has.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:36 pm

willis has played like a turd recently...but to get all down on him for a few bad weeks, is no reason to jump on him....the guy is in fact a very good running back...for him to express interest in miami is dumb...that wont work, not with ricky and more importantly ronnie there...lets not forget the way he played at the end of last season and early this season though....what the guy really needs is an offensive line, and a qb for that matter....that offensive line is the reason bledsoe didnt succeed...and losman was what.....10-27???? terrible!
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:56 pm

I agree, he's the least of that offenses problems, but he shouldn't being publicly expressing interest in a trade to a place that would never ever trade for him. If he'd said JAX, an out of division team with a possible RB need and is still in Florida, he might've had a shot. Otherwise, he's only alienating himself from his teammates, and that cant lead to anything good for the team.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nerdd » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:00 pm

It seems that every time a "Miami" alum is struggling he wants to play for the Dolphins. What Willis needs is an oline and a coach that knows how to use a workhorse back.
nerdd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:18 pm

McGahee is the best RB in the league...just ask him.

Pretty funny that he's been horrible ever since he made that comment.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby onnestabe » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:14 pm

To his credit, he is a good back. The numbers have fallen off because the rest of the offense is garbage. No one has to respect the passing game because Losman is too inconsistent. He has the ability to make big plays with his legs or his arm, but decision-making ability is not there. Additionally, the Oline isn't disciplined. McGahee has had many long runs get called back by holding calls.

I will admit, he has had a few fumbles the last few weeks, and he is certainly not the best running back in the league (I could see a claim to be top 10, though), but it can't be coincidence that he was underwhelming until Holcombe became the starter, had good games this Holcombe under center, then had poor games once Losman got back in the game. Holcombe has the ability to make just enough plays to put the other offensive players in good position to perform.

Not looking to ruffle any feathers - I am just as upset with his performance the past few weeks since he guaranteed I would be out of the playoffs - but I am starting to think that talent has a lot less to do with fantasy success than the player's circumstances do.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk