A Question, and would like some suggestions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A Question, and would like some suggestions

Moderator: Football Moderators

A Question, and would like some suggestions

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:37 pm

This is my football team, and yes I did trade quadry for Morton. I was wondering if I should drop charlie garner for micheal bennett. If anyone could help me out, or give me any suggestions on my team I would appreciate it.
Here is my teams line up.

QB Manning, Peyton (QB-Ind)
WR Rice, Jerry (WR-Oak)
WR Brown, Troy (WR-NE)
WR Hilliard, Ike (WR-NYG)
RB Williams, Ricky (RB-Mia)
RB Staley, Duce (RB-Phi)
TE Gonzalez, Tony (TE-KC)
Bench Glenn, Terry (WR-GB)
Bench Garner, Charlie (RB-Oak)
Bench Chamberlain, Byron (TE-Min)
Bench Fiedler, Jay (QB-Mia) Det
Bench Morton, Johnnie (WR-KC)

K Brown, Kris (K-Hou) Dal Sun 8:30pm EDT - - - - - - -

DEF Baltimore (DEF-Bal)
Bench New England (DEF-NE)
Matt

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:09 am

I can think of a few suggestions that may help.Your QB's look good.Fiedler as a backup,can't beat that.RB's look solid with Williams,Staley,and Gardner.WR's look decent.Maybe could upgrade.Glenn should be a starter on your team,in my mind.As should Morton.Who to keep as your starter?It's between Rice and Brown,and I might have to lean towards Rice.Maybe look to see if what you can get out of one of your RB's (if you trade on of your starters,Garner will fill in most modestly),WR's (Hilliard would be my first pick,but would also get the least out of,whoever you trade though can be filled easily with your bench receivers), or TE's,Byron might be able to get something decent in return.Baltimore and New England are ranked #15 & 17 in pre-season rankings of team defense.You might want to do this: Drop Baltimore defense (value's decreasing,REALLY decreasing) and pick up Michael Bennett.Then trade away one of your RB's,Hilliard,and Byron Chamberlein and get a better defense,and possibly another receiver.
n_tremain23

Postby cwebb » Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:14 am

Well, you have a bunch of WRs worth starting, and Bennett would be a great pickup. dropping a defense wouldn't hurt. Garner and one of your WRs should gt you decent value ina trade
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Belmont » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:17 am

You definitely should pick up Michael Bennet. Drop your backup defense (why in the hell do you have a backup defense?). Charlie Garner is not going to be a huge fantasy football stat producer at all. I would also put Michael Bennet in the starting lineup over Duce Staley, who is way overrated. Bennet is going to have a breakout season with a new regime in Minnesota.
Belmont

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk