Predictions:: Time for a big "I told you so" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Predictions:: Time for a big "I told you so"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Predictions:: Time for a big "I told you so"

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:09 pm

Yep, my pre-season prediction looks safe. The Raiders are much worse off than the Vikings.

The Vikings should go 9-7 while the Raiders will be lucky to go 5-11

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=140125

Kerry Collins didn't have the comeback season people were thinking and the Raiders defense lingers near the bottom of the league in real life and in fantasy. The Vikings D, on the other hand has shown massive improvement. I still think that's the biggest factor in the two teams' records.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:17 pm

I guess I didnt read where you said Cpepp would get injured so Big Bad Brad could step in and save the Queens. :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:24 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I guess I didnt read where you said Cpepp would get injured so Big Bad Brad could step in and save the Queens. :-b

I said that. I remember saying that CPepp would fail to live up to expectations, then get seriously hurt...then Brad Johnson would lead the Vikings on a win streak.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:26 pm

hey..a prediction is a prediction...anyways, if c.pepper would have kept his terrible play up, he would have eventually been benched for b.johnson anyways, which even if it had happened later than it did, they would have still won more games than the raiders....so the prediction is correct
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:27 pm

If Collins would have targeted Moss more than Kyle Orton targets Desmond Clark, the Raiders may have won more games than they did. The Vikings are very lucky to be where they are. Similar to the Bears, they have had a pretty easy shedule, the Giants game was a huge fluke, and as was previously stated, C-Pep going down was the best thing that could have happened to this team. The Raiders were a bad team before, so they needed to try and make more moves than they did to improve that. The Vikings were a pretty good team that got worse, for whatever reason.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:36 pm

Well, the more bold part of the predition was that the Raiders would be worse than their 2004 record.

There is nothing dramatic that happened to the Raiders via injury, they have just underperformed as I expected.

The Vikings have had a weird year, but I knew they had the makings of improving on their record from 2004 this season. I am of the opinion that even if C-Pep had not been injured that they would have gotten 8 wins. Without injuries to QB, Center, RB's, etc.. the Vikings would have hit the mark on my prediction even earlier in the season.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:07 pm

You probably should have waited another three weeks before tooting your own horn. If the Raiders win one more game that prediction is wrong. Also the Vikings could lose out making that prediction also wrong.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:43 pm

Raiders are gonna lose 2 of their next 3, possibly 3 of 3.

Vikes are going to lose 2 of their next 3 for sure
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:46 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:hey..a prediction is a prediction...anyways, if c.pepper would have kept his terrible play up, he would have eventually been benched for b.johnson anyways, which even if it had happened later than it did, they would have still won more games than the raiders....so the prediction is correct

Tice doesn't have the guts to bench CPepp, IMO...who would've thought the old man would do better than CPepp, anyways?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:03 am

Payne Dailey wrote:You probably should have waited another three weeks before tooting your own horn. If the Raiders win one more game that prediction is wrong. Also the Vikings could lose out making that prediction also wrong.

Toooot! Raiders wind up at 4-12
Vikings end up at 9-7.

So I was correct.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

saundman2000