I need some fast input....AUTHENTIC or not? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I need some fast input....AUTHENTIC or not?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cnewby » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:22 pm

Thanks guys, I looked at one on NFL.com and it looks WAY different, makes me wonder. However this particular jersey still sold for $212.00. I dunno I guess.
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:08 am

cnewby wrote:Thanks guys, I looked at one on NFL.com and it looks WAY different, makes me wonder. However this particular jersey still sold for $212.00. I dunno I guess.

Everyone else isn't necessarily smart enough to check with the FFC first though. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:17 am

The reason the numbers may look small, is that it may be a picture of a HUGE jersey - The numbers stay the same size, while size 60 is MASSIVE!!! It is hard to tell, but I believe that the picture is a size 54. No matter the size that particular auction, most (higher volume) guys only have one set of photo's they use for every size
THE SIZE INDICATED IN THE DESCRIPTION IS THE SIZE UP FOR AUCTION WHICH IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME SIZE AS THE ITEM PICTURED

Funny that you are asking about this guy. I have actually bought jersey's from him, and am very happy with them. They may not really be authentic, but if they are not, they are VERY good fakes.

Although I would definitely NOT pay $212 bucks for one. Why pay that much on eBay? I suggest keep on looking (even at this guys) auctions, and wait till one goes at a reasonable price!!! The way I look at it, I am not going to pay more than $80 for a jersey on eBay, and for that price range I am getting a jersey that is definitely better than those screened on one's for the same price.

Another thing, the guys that are popular at the time, their jersey's jump waaaay up in price. Two weeks ago it was Alexander, a few weeks before that it was Eli, and Shockey, etc. etc. Tomlinson jersey's seem to stay high, but usually at about the $80 - $100 mark.

Keep an eye on it, and be skeptical. There are A LOT of fakes out there. I have bought from this guy before, and I have not been ripped off.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ABC » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:30 pm

VaderFin wrote:
cnewby wrote:Thanks guys, I looked at one on NFL.com and it looks WAY different, makes me wonder. However this particular jersey still sold for $212.00. I dunno I guess.

Everyone else isn't necessarily smart enough to check with the FFC first though. ;-D

Yup.

If you look at the Pro Bowl 2005 Jersy's being sold on Ebay, I think 99% are fake. They don't have the pro bowl patch on the back of the jersey. Yet, many are buying them up.
ABC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:50 am

The same Jersey, from the same guy went for only $79 earlier tonight. That $212 was WAAAYY out of line. Poor sucker.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk